CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes

4 years 1 month ago #316993 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
$_CB_framework->displayCmsEditor calls JFactory::getEditor() which calls Editor::getInstance(). We call the display function of the editor on display, which calls the "onDisplay" function of an editor plugin. That's all we're doing. It's a pass through function. We are not touching the editors parameters in any way beyond sending input name, input value, width/col, and height/row.

TinyMCE loads editor specific settings, including styling, in onDisplay. JCE appears to load this in onInit, which shouldn't really be a problem. The problem seams to be how JCE detects what editor to use where. CB doesn't use Joomla content events since they're not relevant to CB so if JCE is depending on Joomla content events that could be part of the problem. JCE function getComponent doesn't seam to have any issues finding CB on CB views though.

Investigating further to getProfile in JCE responsible for compiling the list of available editors. The problem comes from "User Group" and "Users" parameters. If both are empty the editor will never load. So if you select an extension in "Components" and don't specify "User Group" or "Users" it won't work. The validation in backend is missing for this which means you don't get an error for making this mistake. It's not even clear those parameters are required, but at least one of them is in getProfile.

With the above information I set "Components" to "comprofiler" and "User Group" to "Public" and the editor loaded perfectly fine throughout CB. The only issue I see now is "Editor Layout" works partially, but for some reason there's a "display: none;" style on several of the toolbar rows preventing them from displaying yet they are there and function. Only the Default editor works right in my tests across multiple extensions (this issue was present even in Joomla articles).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316994 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
Interesting, I'll transfer to Ryan.

However in our website, all profiles have correctly set user groups, trying to add also a user did not change anything. Adding Comprofiler as a component did not change anything neither.

Only the Default editor works right in my tests across multiple extensions (this issue was present even in Joomla articles).

On our website the JCE editor loads perfectly fine with Retina Touch or Retina display in all profiles and in all extensions except CB (tried hotspots, weblinks, neorecruit, k2...) There are no display none on the toolbars

On all CB pages/plugins using JCE the editor loads perfectly well with no display problem except the fact that the Retina or Retina Touch UI/display would not load.

That's strange :-( and why I was thinking at a parameter in $_CB_framework->displayCmsEditor

4 years 1 month ago #316996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
My tests were done on a clean install with latest release of JCE. I've no issues getting the editor to load specifically in CB by setting "Component" and "User Group" parameters correctly. It's also possible there's a load order conflict in JCE it self. Try ensuring the component specific editors are ordered before your default editor. My only issues were with toolbars having "display: none;" on them, which was not a CB specific issue as tested a custom editor specific to Joomla articles and it did the same thing.

The other extensions you noted are likely using Joomla content events since those events are relevant. Joomla content events are not relevant to user profiles so we do not fire them and it JCE is depending on them for its loading behavior that will be a problem. JCE should be doing all this behavior in onInit or onDisplay, but it's not from what I can see so I've no clue where it's doing it exactly. In my tests getComponent worked correctly and output CB and getProfile worked correctly outputting the CB specific editor with its correct parameters so I don't know what else to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #316997 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
This was Ryan's reply

I think Kyle has misunderstood, because the editor is loading in the front-end in CB, whereas he seems to assume that it is not.

As for why it is loading the wrong toolbar theme, I have not yet been able to determine this, but as you discovered, this only happens in CB.

We have checked with Ryan and it was definitely a JCE issue which conflicted with CB, not your fault at all.

This issue is now solved with latest JCE dev that I have tested and which should be live in a couple of days.

Solved, and thanks a lot to Kyle for your patience and time
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, JagaTelesin

4 years 1 month ago #317018 by JagaTelesin
Replied by JagaTelesin on topic CB not honoring JCE Toolbar Themes
Thank you to everyone involved at looking into the issue, and for a resolution. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn