Update

3 years 7 months ago #320118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
Turn off build releases if you don't want to update through our installer. Stable CB releases can be entirely updated through Joomla installer. Joomla version checker does not work with build metadata so we can not use Joomla for build releases. Our installer requires login verification.

Certainly not! I won't weaken my browser settings to update a hecking plugin.

You don't have to, but JSONP calls will fail if you have 3rd party cookies off. We attempt a CORS call before JSONP though, which doesn't require 3rd party cookies to be on. The CORS probably failed because of a change Chrome made requiring the cookie to have specific parameters that Joomla doesn't let us set, which we will be fixing by modifying Joomla soon and there is absolutely no other way we can fix it beyond a Joomla core modification on our end.

Seriously?! why not make me press up up down down left right left right b a and call Bettlejuice three times while you're at it.

We provide full click-through instructions on setting up site keys. I don't know how to possibly make it any easier for you.

One click update is possible. Others can do it. I'm sure you can too. Why you don't want to is beyond my comprehension.

We do for stable releases since we're able to do those through Joomla. We're still working on Install from Web improvements and haven't made the free downloads available through Install from Web without login verification yet. I don't know why you think these improvements happen over night. It takes work to verify cross domain communications and implement this right. So we are doing so in steps. Implementing CORS and Site Keys was the first step to improving this. Site Keys are not a foreign concept. Most paid extensions use them to provide paid product updates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #320121 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
Have added a feature ticket to see if we can allow bypassing the authentication check for all Free downloads through Install from Web. You'll still see that notice at the top, but you'll be able to update perfectly fine regardless of it and will be sent to the Updates section of Install from Web.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8132

This will probably be available sometime tomorrow after we update things on our end and cache has cleared.

Edit: Update applied on our end. You should see it working now by refreshing Install from Web. Have confirmed updating CB through Install from Web without being authorized works now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds