Update

4 years 2 weeks ago #317668 by Odie71
Replied by Odie71 on topic Update
OK. Thank you for clearing that up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #317829 by JabbaHut
Replied by JabbaHut on topic Update
Let's try that again,

When I click on the update button, I'm redirected to the «Community Builder: New Install CB Plugin» on the «install from web» tab, yes. But what do I do from there? There's absolutely nothing leading to an update… here's a capture:

PS: I'm OP, deleted previous account because of spam.
Attachments:

4 years 1 week ago #317849 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
It'll show "Sign Up" because it can't detect you're logged into Joomlapolis. Login to Joomlapolis then click Refresh in the bottom right to see if the JSONP request can pick up your login access. If it can't you'll need to download it manually and install it manually. We're working on implementing a Site Key system so we don't have to depend on JSONP working. We can't deliver build releases through Joomla update as Joomla doesn't support metadata in versions (we're trying to figure out a way to fix this too).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317856 by JabbaHut
Well, it's not working for me, still showing the «Sign up» button.

I don't really get why, while all other plugins can, CB can't be updated from the Joomla admin, BUT at least it should be straightforward (one click download) AND not require account creation or login in any way.

4 years 1 week ago #317886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Update
If it fails you'll unfortunately have to update manually. If you don't want to be notified of build releases you can turn off plugin version checking in CB > Configuration > Integrations. There's about a dozen different reasons why the JSONP request fails to see why you're logged in which is why we're going to replace it with a site key system.

I don't really get why, while all other plugins can, CB can't be updated from the Joomla admin, BUT at least it should be straightforward (one click download) AND not require account creation or login in any way.

Those extensions don't release updates as rapidly and often as we do. To do this we need to use semver metadata in the version. That's what the +build is in the version. It's a build number generated at time of build and release. Joomla version checker can't handle +build. This allows us to push fixes and features extremely quickly. We're working on a solution to see if we can workaround this in a later release, but we don't have one for now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 1 week ago #317892 by JabbaHut
Thanks for your reply, I'll make do.

For what it's worth the problem is not much the notifications (I want to be informed of updates) than the upgrade process. I mean it's kind of a recent behavior, right? I've been in charge of a website with a joomla/communitybuilder backend for a few years now, keeping it up to date and it's only last week that I had to create an account to perform a manual update. And I find that annoying to say the least.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds