Exporting to CSV

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #318807 by ontarget
Exporting to CSV was created by ontarget
Joomla 3.9.18 / CB 2.4.5
Hi I have databases of 5000 plus users.
I may create a filter and then have a list of 2000 users that i need to export.
I have a difficulty with the system understandably crashing when i try to list and select all 2000 users > Export CSV
Can you suggest another way apart from using phpmyadmin?
Could CB not simply export the filtered list without having to "select all" then export?
Fabrik has this type of functionality on very large lists and it works well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #318847 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Exporting to CSV

I have a difficulty with the system understandably crashing when i try to list and select all 2000 users > Export CSV

Processing 2000 users at once is too many to loop through for your server if it's crashing. Do smaller exports then merge the CSV files externally. Alternatively consider directly pulling data from the database using phpmyadmin.

Fabrik has this type of functionality on very large lists and it works well.

Fabrik isn't building user objects, processing the field data, and outputting it so of course it works fine since it's just doing a database dump which you can do in phpmyadmin for CB if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds