MarkDown in Stream CB Activity

3 years 9 months ago #318945 by jperel
MarkDown in Stream CB Activity was created by jperel
Hi,

CB Activity uses actualy the BBCode markup language.
Joomla seems to want to integrate Markdown.

Does Community Builder plan to join Mardown or stay on BBCode?

Best Regards,

Jérôme

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #318961 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic MarkDown in Stream CB Activity
CB Activity supports BBCode if enabled (it is disabled by default) under its Parsing parameters. It uses standardized BBCode. It does not support Markdown at this time, but probably will eventually as adding new features like that is relatively easy in the Parser API.

As for other locations in CB I don't see a reason for us to implement BBCode or Markdown. Where would you have usage for this in CB aside from in CB Activity?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jperel

3 years 9 months ago #318977 by jperel
Replied by jperel on topic MarkDown in Stream CB Activity
Hi,

BBCode or Markdown have an interest for us in the CB Activity Stream. I don't think there is another place where it is of interest too.

Is the implementation of Markdown planned in the roadmap (in this case we would not activate BBCode, I suppose that there is no possible migration from one system to another)?

Regards

3 years 9 months ago #318996 by krileon

Is the implementation of Markdown planned in the roadmap (in this case we would not activate BBCode, I suppose that there is no possible migration from one system to another)?

Markdown is unlikely to be implemented anytime soon, but is planned. BBCode is already implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319109 by jperel
Replied by jperel on topic MarkDown in Stream CB Activity
Hi,
If we activate BBCode, when you add Markdown, do you think texte balised in BBCode will be migrate in markdown, or BBCode and Markdown can cohabite ?
Regards

3 years 9 months ago #319117 by krileon
There won't be migration of BBCode to Markdown. They will be entirely separate parsers to be toggled on/off.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn