TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS Field Multi Language

3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #322166 by CeltaWeb
Hi,
So I have set up a lot of language overrides but the one field I cant seem to get to work for a multi language site is TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS.

The main problem is the URL field needs to change based on the current language. Should I be creating two fields and if so how do I get them to display based on Joomla's displayed language?

Example:
/en/the-club/management/terms-and-conditions
/es/el-club/administracion/terminos-y-condiciones

Thanks,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322173 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS Field Multi Language
That parameter supports language parsing and substitutions. Simply add a language key to it (e.g. TERMS_CONDITIONS_URL) and translate that to your language specific URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322176 by CeltaWeb
Replied by CeltaWeb on topic TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS Field Multi Language
Awesome thanks I will try that out now.

3 years 2 months ago #322177 by CeltaWeb
Just one quick question am I right in assuming the key/text fields I add in the "Overrides" tab of each language plugin are stored in the database so they with persist even after updating the language plugin, is that right?

I just think the video tutorials approaching the subject are bit outdated so I thought I would check.

Thanks,

3 years 2 months ago #322190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic TERMS_AND_CONDITIONS Field Multi Language
Language overrides are stored in a file and not a database. They however do persists with updates.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322195 by CeltaWeb
Interesting so the form loads and saves from a text document, cool.

Thanks,

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn