CB Conditional with error

3 years 1 month ago #323460 by ANIMEE
CB Conditional with error was created by ANIMEE
Hi all,

I have a user form that has some relation dropdown as in region > zone > postal code and these 3 dropdowns depend on each other and change accordingly. These are working great in the Backoffice but not in the site. The error is:
Uncaught InternalError: too much recursion

in the details:

conditionElement https://xxxxxxxx.com/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconditional/js/cbcondition.min.js?v=6afd33b72affd426:1

If I disable CB Conditional everything works. I disable tabs and fields but the error continues. The problem is that I have several conditions in tabs and fields. Is there anyway to know who the culprit?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 month ago #323472 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional with error
You have a condition loop. A field can't condition itself. A field can't condition its own tab. The only way it can is with a static condition via Custom > Value conditioning.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323481 by ANIMEE
Replied by ANIMEE on topic CB Conditional with error
Well I was checking all the fields and tabs and I didn't found any field condition it's own or it's tab! How can I see who has the error?

3 years 1 month ago #323504 by krileon
You last downloaded CB Conditional on 2018/07/03 so you can't. That version doesn't have infinite loop protection or infinite loop debugging output. Latest releases won't allow an infinite loop to happen and when one does it will tell you if condition debugging is enabled. You'll need to go through your conditions 1 by 1 and find which is causing the infinite loop. If you're using REGEXP conditions also be sure the REGEXP is valid for JS.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 1 month ago #323610 by ANIMEE
Replied by ANIMEE on topic CB Conditional with error
I have found it! It was indeed a field hiding itself.
But I still need to hide it if he is blank. The field is fax and nowadays not many people use it. But some companies still used and so I need to have it. How can I hide it if he is blank?

Thanks

3 years 1 month ago #323619 by krileon
Use a static condition if a field needs to condition itself or subscribe and update for latest release that'll handle converting the condition to static automatically if it would create a loop.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn