Notifications

3 years 1 week ago #323853 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Notifications
Within CB Auto Actions > System Actions review the descriptions of the notification actions. They will tell you what you should name your checkbox fields. Next just make those checkbox fields. If you want them to display as Yes/No buttons simply toggle that on in the parameters of your checkbox fields. That's all you should need to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #323862 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Notifications
I'm afraid I'm not proficient with all the options available in Auto Actions.

Within CB Auto Actions > System Actions review the descriptions of the notification actions. They will tell you what you should name your checkbox fields. Next just make those checkbox fields. If you want them to display as Yes/No buttons simply toggle that on in the parameters of your checkbox fields. That's all you should need to do.

Do you mean the name of the Auto Actions? Or is there some other place I would find what to name the checkbox.

Is there some place where I can view or download the complete list of Auto Actions? Perhaps also a list of the types and their meaning?

3 years 1 week ago #323874 by krileon
System Actions are preconfigured auto actions included with CB Auto Actions. They can be found on the CB Auto Actions > System Actions page. As for the notifications and their associated fields they are just system actions and their respective fields are noted in their descriptions. Screenshot as follows probably explains this best.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

3 years 1 week ago #323883 by AlexRag
Thanks Kyle. This is helpful.

I'm curious, does your demo site offer some kind of backend (read-only) access so we can see some of the magic? :)

3 years 1 week ago #323885 by krileon
We give full administrator backend access on our demo site. It's wiped regularly so you're free to change things as you please. Simply click "Administrator" under Login As then on the backend login page use the login credentials provided below the inputs to login.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

2 years 9 months ago #325130 by AlexRag
I'm finally attempting to add a Notifications Tab to allow users to set their own notification preferences the same elegant way that I see in the demo site and have a couple of questions.

By notifications, does that mean Email messages, or what appears on the site or both?

Re: System Auto Action
Does “cb_notif_post” log all all activity, even likes, tags, comments so I do not necessarily need to set notification options for cb_notif_like, cb_notif_tag or cb_notif_comment

Also, I have enabled all the appropriate system actions and in testing finding that notifications are still going out. In my case I had set "Not" to "cb_notif_request_conn" but the user still got am email.

I mirrored what was done with the demo with the exception of the field title. the demo has "NOTIFY_REQUEST_CONN" but on my test site it was not translating.

I also did not create the "Custom HTML" field to create heading titles for each section. Other than that it looks identical

Have I overlooked something?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds