Google Invisible Captcha does not show on registration form

2 years 11 months ago #324435 by Ake2017
Is this because it is invisible (if so, how can I check that i works?)
Or did i miss something?
1. I set up the Invisible reCaptcha plugin.
2. On Systems->GlobalSettings I selected this Captcha.
According to my understandning it should then appear on the Register Page.
But I cannot verify that. What have I missed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 11 months ago #324441 by krileon
We do not output Joomlas global captcha in CB. To have captcha in CB you need CB AntiSpam.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324445 by Ake2017
So, if I did not use CB at my site I would have had this protection already.

Considering how important it is to stop unsolicited emails, I think you should reconsider your decision to hide this function as a paid feature.

(At my site a single individual seems to cause "confirm your email"-messages to be sent to a really large number of recipients. I have no idea for what purpose.)

2 years 11 months ago #324452 by krileon
CB 3.x will be extending Joomla core profiles which will include captcha support out of the box. For now if you want captcha in CB you will need CB AntiSpam, sorry. You're already getting over a decade worth of work and tons of features absolutely free using Community Builder. We've made the decision to lock features behind paid purchases because we have to make a living.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324463 by Ake2017
Well, Google and Joomla made another decision on what features to make a living from.
For now I will just disable e-mail verification.
As long as I require admin approval, the "Verify E-mail" message does not add anything, does it?
If so, "Admin approval" could be set do disable "Verify E-mail".
It seems that my recurring robot visitor is most interested in generating unsolicited traffic to selected mail addresses.

2 years 11 months ago #324468 by krileon
Users will still be sent the pending registration email. Turn off email confirmation and empty the pending email subject and body if you want nothing to be sent.

You can buy any of our addons individually which come with 6 months of support and updates. You can do this from our addons page below.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons

CB AntiSpam costs $15 since we intentional have put it at the lowest price tier. So for $15 you get 6 months of updates and support for CB AntiSpam and when that 6 months ends you can continue to use CB AntiSpam.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn