Tab visibility based on member plan non working in owner edit

3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #324488 by pastoweb
Hi, I have a tab containing personal informations
  • Group 1 (Individual Members): tab must be visibile both on profile view and on edit

Group 2 (Company Members): tab must be visible in edit but not on profile

This is my configuration in I set TAB's settings > Integrations:

Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions > YES

Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile > Selected group 1

Still Available for Profile Owner himself > YES

Now, this works fine for profile view: the tab is always visibile for group 1 both in view and edit, and visibile only for profile owners of group 2 in profile view.
However, for group 2 it is hidden in profile edit... why?
Am I missing some other setting?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 3 days ago #324497 by krileon
We cannot help you with paid products without an active subscription for that product. If you need help with CBSubs you will need to resubscribe and post in the CBSubs support forums, sorry. We are going to have to be more and more strict about this as we've far too many subscribing, not renewing, then expecting support and that is not our business model nor is it sustainable for us.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 days ago #324508 by pastoweb
I understand your point, since I'm runnig an open souce project too, but my membership expired jus a couple of days ago and I've been renewing developer membership for years. We'll renew again but it will take a few weeks for me to have the budget approved by my association.

Could you just tell me it my issue is a misconfiguration or a bug, or if it is not feasable for some reason?

3 years 2 days ago #324515 by krileon
Set "A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions" to "Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access" so you have independent control over profile view and profile edit access. Believe the following should work.

A. Tab availability by Owner's Subscriptions: Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access
Owner Plans controlling tab available in profile: Group 1
Still Available for Profile Owner himself: No: profile owner himself is also restricted
Owner plans controlling tab editable (none means not controlled): Group 1 and Group 2

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 11 months ago #324528 by pastoweb
Thanks Krileon, it worked!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.531 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn