Version not showing in Custom Plugin

2 years 8 months ago #326011 by ColinM2
Version not showing in Custom Plugin was created by ColinM2
Hi
I am one of the developers of the jDownloads component. We have a CB compatible
plugin that works OK. Original version was written by krileon many years ago.
We have subsequently updated it for different versions of jDownloads.

When we load it into CB it loads and works AOK but does not show the Version. Version is set in the XML file.
Question is where do I set the Version so that it shows in the plugin listing in CB?
We have a version for our jD3.2 series and another version for our 3.9 series so showing the Version would help users to confirm they have loaded the correct one.

Regards
Colin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 8 months ago #326022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Version not showing in Custom Plugin
"version" XML node is for CB version compatibile. Use "release" for the plugins version. Example as follows.

<version>2.6.1</version>
<release>1.0.0</release>

With the above the plugin release is 1.0.0 for CB version 2.6.1.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn