upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon

2 years 7 months ago #326099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
CB 2.6.2 has been released fixing 2FA and a few other compatibility issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 7 months ago #326100 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
Thank you very much. That fixed the issue:-) Phew.

Best Regards,
Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 7 months ago #326101 by RobWilkinson
Replied by RobWilkinson on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
I am not sure how to make a feature request for consideration and since you are the one that fixed this I will express it to you and you can perhaps point me in the right direction.

I would be inclined to make a 2FA logon a two step process. Enter the username/password and if it passes that then bring up a 2FA entry as required.
The reason for that is that it can be confusing to a non-technical user to see an item at logon called "secret Key".

2 years 7 months ago #326102 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic upgrade to 2.6.1 and 2FA logon
The secret key input is how Joomla currently handles it so that's how we also have to handle it at this time. Eventually CB won't have its own login module and will just use Joomlas as well so adding custom implementations of 2FA won't make much sense at this time since it'd just be removed in CB 3.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn