Change to the Paypal Personal Home Page Checkout SDK or API

2 years 5 months ago #326773 by llau
Hi there,

We're currently using CB Paid Subscriptions v4.4.0+build.2020.08.14.16.56.12.c7dc6dc0d with the PayPal payment gateway, and we recently heard that Paypal is updating their Personal Home Page SDK.

I'm assuming that this PayPal update won't affect our version of CB Paid Subs and Paypal plugin or will it affect the CB Paid Subscriptions plugin since we're using the Paypal gateway?

Please advise.

Thank you kindly,
V

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326783 by krileon
We don't use their SDK so no that won't specifically impact you, but there is a PayPal issue that has been fixed that you won't have in your current build. See Beats notice regarding this below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/244376-paypal-issue#326662

Please keep in mind when it comes to eCommerce you basically can't let your install go out of date. Payment Gateways change their API, constantly, and break things that can only be fixed with a new release that you won't have with an expired subscription. There isn't really a way around this, other than fixing issues yourself, since we've no control over what they do with their APIs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326788 by llau
Much appreciated Krileon.

We should be updating our subscription soon so that we can upgrade to the latest CB Subs/plugins.

We did have someone who had paid via Paypal and the payment is showing in the "history"

along with a record about a user subscription record created with status: R ......I'm not sure what that means?

and we have this error log at roughly 19 minutes after that transaction:

The subscription or payment is not showing in the payment basket as well.

When we upgrade CB Subs will that "fix" this record and add it to the payment basket, or would we need to manually fix any subscriptions which are currently having issues?

Thanks again!
Attachments:

2 years 5 months ago #326790 by llau
FYI, it seems that the last time our CB Subs was working properly was on August 2, 2021, I'm not sure if Paypal had changed something since then?

2 years 5 months ago #326791 by beat

llau wrote: FYI, it seems that the last time our CB Subs was working properly was on August 2, 2021, I'm not sure if Paypal had changed something since then?

Yes, Paypal rolled out an unexpected undocumented unconforming breaking API change on their different servers of different continents in August, that we had to workaround in a release shortly after the breaking change.

Please update your CB and CBSubs installation to latest version for continued operations (and support). That will help us help you .

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326802 by llau
Thanks Beat, we have just renewed our membership and I've also updated all the CB Subs plugins.

Apparently we're still missing a couple payments from 2 users who had paid memberships in September and October and for the one on October 15th, in the history and logs were showing a payment basket seemed to have been created

but it seems to be missing from the payment baskets page.

Is there something else we need to do to get those records back? I can have a look a the database tables to see if they are still there, but something tells me they won't be there....

Thanks,
Lawrence
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.555 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn