Messages in CB not working

10 months 3 days ago #333988 by Andromeda57
Replied by Andromeda57 on topic Messages in CB not working
They are all just regular users (registered). It is not just for one special member. Nobody can write to anyone. They are all approved and not disabled.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 3 days ago #333998 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Messages in CB not working
I don't know what to suggest. This works fine across all my tests including our demo site. We are of course also using it on our own site, which also works. Where are you trying to send a PM from? Quick Message tab? or from within the PMS message page? Please be sure you've the latest CB build release installed as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 week ago #335089 by Andromeda57
Hi there,

we have a new info related to this problem.

When we activate the plugin "cb privacy", users can not write to any other user. Even not to connected ones and with public profiles.

When the cb privacy plugin is disabled, it is working and all users can write messages to each others.

Do you know what setting in cb privacy could cause this problem?

6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #335096 by krileon
That's because you can't message a user you're not permitted to access. That's working as intended. So for example if a profile is set to Private you can't message them. You should see an error message noting that though. It would be as follows.

Private
You do not have permission to message this user.

Blocked
You can not message a user you have blocked.

This first checks their profile privacy, then the privacy of the tab the "pm" field is on, finally it checks the privacy of the "pm" field itself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 1 week ago #335098 by Andromeda57
Hello,

but the users can access the profies of the other users and the profiles are set to public.. But it is still not working?

6 months 1 week ago #335102 by krileon
See the above where it checks privacy rule of the field "pm" in addition to whatever tab it's on. Check if privacy rules have been enabled for that field or its tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.412 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn