[SOLVED] fields values in jos_comprofiler adding a user

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153929 by safhkit
Hi,

I tried to insert a new user in Joomla using CB 1.3.1.
Ok, it was working.
Then I tried to modify it. But when I show the 'Contact Info' of the user, the fields are blanks.
I thought that CB wasn't able to retrieve the user's information from the db. But I found out that when I add a new user the information I inserted are not stored in the jos_comprofiler table.
In other words, a new row for that user is added in the table, but the fields are all blanks or setted to a NULL value.

Can anyone help me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153931 by heyai
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but: Are you using the CB user manager to add the user or the Joomla user manager? If you used the Joomla user manager, go to your backend Components -> Community Builder -> Tools -> Synchronize users

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago #153970 by safhkit
Hi,

I'm using the CB user manager, but previously I used the Joomla user manager.
I had already syncronized CB when I installed it.
Now I try to add a user with CB User Manager, but I have the problem said in the first post.

13 years 2 months ago #154211 by krileon
Please upgrade to CB 1.4 and confirm if issue still present. What fields exactly are blank? ALL of them or just for example Name fields? Need much more details. Please review out Help Us Help You FAQ found at the following URL.

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faqs

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154265 by safhkit
Thank you for your reply.
The blank fields are: Email, Username, Password and Verify Password.
In the db these fields aren't inserted during the creation of a new user (as said in the first post).

I'm going to try to update to cb 1.4 and I'm checking if the problem persist.

13 years 2 months ago #154268 by safhkit
I installed cb 1.4, synchronized the users, checked the cb database: all ok.
I checked a user profile and this have the same problem as before. I removed it and insert a new user: the problem persist.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn