Lost password and username email not being sent

13 years 1 month ago #158278 by tmediastudio
Suddenly the lost password and or lost username emails are not being sent. It was working.
Using CB 1.3.1
Tested from several computers at several locations. No email being sent. However it resetting the users password. So if they remember it suddenly they have no way to get in.
Any insight?
Oh, we did just change the login from username/email to email only. Could that have something to do with it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158319 by tmediastudio
Replied by tmediastudio on topic Re: Lost password and username email not being sent
UPDATE: Upgraded to CB 1.4. Did not fix the problem. Put the settings back so users can choose a username or use their email address as a login and the problem was fixed. So, email only is the issue.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184703 by JontyPTraveler
Replied by JontyPTraveler on topic Re: Lost password and username email not being sent
Same Problem. The Lost Password is not working from the CBLogin Module.
CB 1.4
CBSubs 1.2.2
Joomla 1.5.20
Using Joomla's basic SEF urls

Temporary Workaround:
1. Create a new menu item specifically for Lost password called Community Builder Username/Password reminder. (You could put it in a menu that is not displayed on the website.) The password checking worked using the menu item.

2. Hack the cb login module so that it points directly to the new menu item.
File is at: modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php
Is around line: 858
Look for: echo '<a href="'.$urlLostPassword.'" class="mod_login'.$class_sfx.'">';
Change to: echo '<a href="new-url" class="mod_login'.$class_sfx.'">';

SO fyi CB folks, the problem seems to be connected to the cb login module but not to the "forgot password" menu item.

And the problem does seem to be connected to SEF urls, though my site does not have the SH404SEF to solve the issue as it the following post:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/163677-forgot-login-not-working

12 years 4 months ago #184704 by nant

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185017 by 5b4ahz
I am still having this problem, even after upgrading to 1.7.1
I am using:
Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7.1
cb_comprofilermoderator 1.7.1
cb_comprofileronline 1.7.1
cb_login 1.7.1

with and without SEF enabled.

Has a solution been found yet ?!

12 years 4 months ago #185984 by edjec
I just had three members notify me today of this same issue.

When I tested, the Forgot Login seems to work fine for accepting either email address or username, it accepts the CB Captcha, but the send button does not function and the email is not sent. If CB Captcha is disabled, it still does not function.

In a previous post, tmediastudio indicated that passwords were being reset on their site, but that is not happening on this site. No changes are made to the password.

Mass email does function, registration functions properly and Welcome notices are sent.

This seems to be a new issue as I'm not aware that it was not working before. I am also not aware of any system changes, but there are a few other hands on the admin button here, so I can't be sure someone else didn't mess around, but that's not usually the case. I have checked global settings and CB Configuration settings and didn't see that anything was changed. Any ideas as to what else I might check or might this be an issue with either the 1.7.1 or 1.2.2 updates?

CB 1.7.1, CB Subs 1.2.2, J 1.5.25

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn