Upgrade Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1 - menu item in backend is gone?

10 years 4 months ago #236896 by nant

sidio wrote:

nant wrote:

sidio wrote: Thanks for getting back to us nant.

If you can't recreate the bug, would you like access to my admin panel and cpanel to see for yourself?

I've spent hours and hours (days) setting up cb on a site that is due to go live next week. I am very reluctant to start deleting tables and reinstalling cb without a detailed walk through i.e. exactly which table/s to delete and exactly which reinstall package to use. Failing that, I would rather have a refund from you guys and look for another community solution elsewhere.

Maybe if you could fix this bug on my site, we can provide a proper, walk through solution for others similarly stuck?

Please bare in mind that all we have done is use your auto update on a stable Joomla package. This is not our fault!

Help?

PM me superadmin access and database access and I will take a look.

You have mail.

Got the access credentials - thank you.

I just reinstalled CB 1.9.1 component and everything seems to be ok - please check.

Did not have to touch anything in your database.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sidio

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #236898 by sidio
Marvelous! CB is visible again in the component menu.

So there you have it - a possible fix for everyone?

Now I can get back to work! Thank you nant :woohoo:

10 years 4 months ago #236900 by nant

sidio wrote: Marvelous! CB is visible again in the component menu.

So there you have it - a possible fix for everyone?

Now I can get back to work! Thank you nant :woohoo:

Reinstalling is certainly the first thing someone should try.

10 years 4 months ago #236901 by Vorak
If it's that simple, that would be great! However, one question: how exactly did you reinstall CB? Did you simply leave the current CB installed on Joomla, and installed the same CB version over it again?

10 years 4 months ago #236915 by nant

Vorak wrote: If it's that simple, that would be great! However, one question: how exactly did you reinstall CB? Did you simply leave the current CB installed on Joomla, and installed the same CB version over it again?

Yes.

10 years 4 months ago #236985 by mwweb
My entire Joomla admin menu disappeared except for the Community Builder and GroupJive menus. I have the newest Joomla and installed the CB Quickstart Pro. Things were mostly working fine, then I logged out and when I logged back in my admin menu is gone. I was also not able to log into the front end with any of my user logins, only the super user. I'd reinstall, but can't get to my installation panel.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn