Plugins DATABASE issue: All show no database or no database description

10 years 4 months ago #237424 by rlerner
Having some issues getting Jnews CB Plugin to work. When published, registration page becomes a white screen. Source code shows no text on it. Error log indicates:

Declaration of getjNewsTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration($tab, $user, $ui, $postdata) in ../mydomain/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_jnewscbplugin/jnews_cb.php on line 451

That file ends at line 450. Keeps getting stranger.

Ran the Plugins DB tool in CB, and got the following results, all in black:

CB plugin "Default language (English)": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "jNews CB Plugin": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Default": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "CB Core": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "WinClassic": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "WebFX": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "CB Menu": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "CB Connections": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "OSX": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Luna": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Content Author": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Dark": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Forum integration": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Mamblog Blog": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "YaNC Newsletters": no database or no database description.
CB plugin "Private Message System": no database or no database description.

CB plugins database checks done. If all lines above are in green, test completed successfully. Otherwise, please take corrective measures proposed in red.

This is fresh install, not yet live, PHP 5.4. Installed J3.2, CB 1.9.1, Jnews 8.2.1, JCE Editor 2.3.4RC6. All are latest releases and all are J3.2 compatible (in theory). Nothing else loaded.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #238234 by hunjoeyjay
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. J3,2 CB 1.9.1, Jnews 8.2.1

Strict Standards: Declaration of getjNewsTab::getDisplayRegistration() should be compatible with that of cbTabHandler::getDisplayRegistration() in ...

This one points to: ...components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_jnewscbplugin\jnews_cb.php on line 451

I also receive a similar message connected to CB invites.

Strict Standards: Declaration of cbinvitesInvites::store() should be compatible with that of comprofilerDBTable::store()in ...

This notice points to:
components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbinvites\cbinvites.class.php on line 1142

Could anyone help please?
Thx Jay

10 years 3 months ago #238235 by hunjoeyjay
Have you installed CB Profile Pro too?

10 years 3 months ago #238237 by rlerner
No, don't have CB Profile Pro. Never got a response here. Ended up uninstalling J3.2 and going down to J3.1.5 stable. That cured the problem. Searched and found a number of issues with J3.2 sites and components. Some of the changes in 3.2 wreak cause problems for some components. I'm sure it will get ironed out in time. Meanwhile, suggest you downgrade to 3.1.5 if possible.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246315 by jaemichaels
My site was working flawlessly with 3.3.1 and CB 1.9 until I followed all the steps to upgrade to CB 1.9.1, now I'm getting all the same database errors as was explained above (ie:CB plugin "Default": no database or no database description.). I have deleted all 3rd party plugins, I even followed all the steps of the 1.9.1 upgrade again. Still the same problem. Thanks for any suggestions before I delete the entire thing and restore the backup copy!

Thanks,
Frustrated in San Diego

9 years 4 months ago #252487 by rlerner
Having this same problem. New install of J3.3, JNews 8.3.1 and CB 1.9.1. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn