(Extreme) Long pasword doesn't work any longer after installing Cummunity Builder

10 years 2 months ago #239745 by robert101083
For my accounts I use 60+ character passwords. After installing CB, these don't work any longer. When resetting the password, I can login again. Changing my password at the frond-end in my CB account back to a 60+ character password works fine. Login out and login in after saving the long password, I can't login any longer. Seems like a bug to me... :P Or at least a lack of field validation and making Joomla a little less safe. Around the 48 characters is the longest password you can use.

Using Joomla 3.2.1 and CB 1.9.1

Cheers,
Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #239746 by beat
This password length limitation was an issue of Joomla 3.2.0 that normally got fixed in 3.2.1, not one of CB.

So Joomla 3.2.0 broke your password, and 3.2.1, once restoring the password, should work.

EDIT:
Is that the case ?

Does same using the Joomla 3.2.1 manager work ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #239748 by robert101083
When I installed this Joomla, I started with 3.2.0. I registered my admin with the 60+ char password. Worked fine for weeks, until I decided to install CB. Updated to 3.2.1 in the same session as installing CB I think, not 100% sure. Then couldn't find any solutions on fora when searching for "Can't login after installing Community Builder". Found some about publishing and unpublishing some plugins but they were al good already. Then decided to do password restore. Was able to login again (site and admin). Once logged in at the frond end went to "Edit Profile" and changed the password to the 60+ char one again. Was able to save it. Logged out to try logging in with the long password, not possible. Kept recovering and changing passwords to shorter ones (56, 48, 32) untill I could login again.

EDIT:
The format the original Joomla password is being saved in the DB is completely different to the format CB is using.
Password saved via CB:
$P$DZbKAzEZuxdT0UKm.Zy4y3jKyVnHMH.
Not same password but saved via Joomla:
$2y$10$RRkCmMOAmFpQtU79DX9BLOOWnrSNZlnvSRxMDa0/d0TPu0wSUas1S

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn