Ajax Email checker, is not working when SSL or TLS is Enabled

9 years 8 months ago #247388 by Outbreaker
HI,
I noticed that the "Ajax Email checker" is not working when the SSL or TLS is enabled in the Joomla Mail Settings.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247389 by nant

Outbreaker wrote: HI,
I noticed that the "Ajax Email checker" is not working when the SSL or TLS is enabled in the Joomla Mail Settings.

When posting please provide information about your environment.

What Joomla version?
What CB version?
What relevant settings?
How did you test?

Sorry statements like "not working" do not help.

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247390 by Outbreaker
I'm using "Joomla v2.5.24" and "Community Builder v1.9.1" and the "Ajax Email checker" will always say "Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation." when i'm using the "SMTP Security" option "SSL" or "TLS" setting in Joomla it only works if don't use any SMTP encryption. I tested this on a live website and the Server also fully supports SSL and TLS mailing over SMTP.

9 years 8 months ago #247396 by beat

Outbreaker wrote: I'm using "Joomla v2.5.24" and "Community Builder v1.9.1" and the "Ajax Email checker" will always say "Could not check this email: Please double-check: Needed for confirmation." when i'm using the "SMTP Security" option "SSL" or "TLS" setting in Joomla it only works if don't use any SMTP encryption. I tested this on a live website and the Server also fully supports SSL and TLS mailing over SMTP.

Thanks for the report.

Because of a difference, SSL or TLS is only working with username and password filled-up in CB 1.9.1, while working without SSL/TLS in Joomla if those are missing or incorrect.

Are your username and password for SMTP filled-in and correct in Joomla global config ?

This has been fixed in upcoming CB 2.0 RC. I have just checked email checking with TLS enabled, but I will redo a source-code review to make sure that the logic is correct.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Outbreaker

9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #247397 by Outbreaker
Yes the SMTP username and password are field-in correct in the Joomla Global Configuration. I have no problems to receive registration mails and sending mails over the CB Form only the "Ajax Email checker" will not work when the SSL is enabled. :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn