Upgrade information showing incorrect

9 years 6 months ago #250043 by dwebber
Upgrade information showing incorrect was created by dwebber
1. 3.3.6
2. 2.0
3. On upgrading from 1.9.1 to 2.0 I am now greeted with the message below

1.9.1 New Community Builder 1.9.1 is a recommended free upgrade now available for download on Joomlapolis.com fixing all known issues, including a backend security issue fixed in CB 1.7 and minor security improvements in front-end.

Method for Upgrading was downloaded the new package and installed via Joomla Installer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250050 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrade information showing incorrect

dwebber wrote: 1. 3.3.6
2. 2.0
3. On upgrading from 1.9.1 to 2.0 I am now greeted with the message below

1.9.1 New Community Builder 1.9.1 is a recommended free upgrade now available for download on Joomlapolis.com fixing all known issues, including a backend security issue fixed in CB 1.7 and minor security improvements in front-end.

Method for Upgrading was downloaded the new package and installed via Joomla Installer.

Please try again - we typically first release and then update our version checker.

So you must have installed before the version checker was updated.

9 years 6 months ago #250052 by dwebber
Replied by dwebber on topic Upgrade information showing incorrect
Thanks for the reply Nant, I have downloaded it again the file that's downloading is showing as pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.0+4f7d5ed0c.zip which is identical to the first I downloaded.

Symptoms are still showing. and I have cleaned my browser cache as well..

9 years 6 months ago #250053 by nant

dwebber wrote: Thanks for the reply Nant, I have downloaded it again the file that's downloading is showing as pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.0+4f7d5ed0c.zip which is identical to the first I downloaded.

Symptoms are still showing. and I have cleaned my browser cache as well..

Weird - if you install over you CB 2.0 site again, does message get updated?

Something must be cached somewhere.

9 years 6 months ago #250057 by dwebber
Replied by dwebber on topic Upgrade information showing incorrect
It looks like 3rd time lucky, this time I did a cold restart of google chrome having flushed the cache on joomla, chrome and then reinstalled.

Is it worth having a note on the completion page to clear all cache's following an upgrade?

9 years 6 months ago #250062 by nant

dwebber wrote: It looks like 3rd time lucky, this time I did a cold restart of google chrome having flushed the cache on joomla, chrome and then reinstalled.

Is it worth having a note on the completion page to clear all cache's following an upgrade?

Ok please note that the Joomla updater will still show the CB 1.9.1 message as we have not updated that part yet.

In the CB panel area you should wee everything ok.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn