Unable to Edit Update Profiles

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251272 by myfriendsplace
Unable to Edit Update Profiles was created by myfriendsplace
For some reason some people aren't able to able to edit their profiles....doesn't seem to make a different what there access or userlevel is...some can and some cant....everyone can get to the edit profile just some people can change things hit update and it works and for some people it doesn't do anything but sit there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251275 by myfriendsplace
Replied by myfriendsplace on topic Unable to Edit Update Profiles
I am thinking this may be some kind of permissions setting but have looked everywhere and cant find a permission for allow user to edit profile with an access level required....

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251278 by myfriendsplace
Replied by myfriendsplace on topic Unable to Edit Update Profiles
Ok so I have figured out the problem is that if you haven't checked the box that you agree to the Terms and Conditions then I think it is picking up required fields are not filled in so it wont accept your changes....but there is no error message or anything that tells you that you are missing a required field.....

I have this check box on my registration and do not really need it on my profiles to be done again how do you turn it off?

9 years 5 months ago #251290 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Unable to Edit Update Profiles

myfriendsplace wrote: Ok so I have figured out the problem is that if you haven't checked the box that you agree to the Terms and Conditions then I think it is picking up required fields are not filled in so it wont accept your changes....but there is no error message or anything that tells you that you are missing a required field.....

I have this check box on my registration and do not really need it on my profiles to be done again how do you turn it off?

I believe that we have addressed some of the issues you indicated here in our just released CB 2.0.1.

The error validation highlighting has been improved.

You can just find the field in the CB Field Management area and make it not required or unpublish it altogether.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn