:( Hi we noticed that when a user uploads a canvas photo :sick: it cuts the top of their chosen photo...

9 years 6 months ago #251480 by GODpleasers
:( Hi we noticed that when a user uploads a canvas photo :sick: it cuts the top of their chosen photo and just shows the middle of the photo they uploaded. Is there a ways we can change that? Ideally what it is missing is a way for them to crop and reposition the canvas image they chose.

We realize that we are not paid member but the truth is we don't mind your footer and we cant afford it.

Come worship Jesus with us..
GOD Speaks internet radio- :-) - GOOD :-) - Music that employs life, deliverance, & restoration - COMPLETE :-)
godspeaksinternetradio.com/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #251484 by nant
[mod note: moved out of potential bug area]

GODpleasers wrote: :( Hi we noticed that when a user uploads a canvas photo :sick: it cuts the top of their chosen photo and just shows the middle of the photo they uploaded. Is there a ways we can change that?

If your canvas field there are parameters you can set to bring sizing to your liking depending on your website layout and its template. Suggest you spend some time experimenting and setting up these dimensions and settings to better suit your needs and site.

Ideally what it is missing is a way for them to crop and reposition the canvas image they chose.

Yup, agree. We have this down as a future feature for our next major releases.

We realize that we are not paid member but the truth is we don't mind your footer and we cant afford it.

That is fine. Please note however that these free forums are meant for people to help each other and they are not meant to serve as free support for anyone needing it.

So if you post something and get no responses first of all ask yourself: How many people did you help on these forums?

Regarding the Footer Removal issue you mentioned, please note that other projects do not have a free version and some actually value their footer removal price at $50 for 5 months!

9 years 5 months ago #251499 by GODpleasers

nant wrote: [mod note: moved out of potential bug area]

That is fine. Please note however that these free forums are meant for people to help each other and they are not meant to serve as free support for anyone needing it.

So if you post something and get no responses first of all ask yourself: How many people did you help on these forums?

If I remember right when this was first realesed we found 2 extensions right off it didn't agree with. That should help people.

GOD Speaks internet radio- :-) - GOOD :-) - Music that employs life, deliverance, & restoration - COMPLETE :-)

9 years 5 months ago #251510 by nant

GODpleasers wrote:
If I remember right when this was first realesed we found 2 extensions right off it didn't agree with. That should help people.

Yup - it helps those that search the forums before posting ;-)

9 years 5 months ago #251878 by GODpleasers

nant wrote: [mod note: moved out of potential bug area]

Ideally what it is missing is a way for them to crop and reposition the canvas image they chose.

Yup, agree. We have this down as a future feature for our next major release

I wanted add a couple more idea's to this for the next release. Besides cropping and repositioning. Also add a preview of what it will look like before it is submitted for approval, a way for them to resize it, and a way for the administrator to pm them and tell the what they need to do to fix it if the moderator has to reject it. What do you think?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251889 by krileon
What you're wanting is actually planned. Internally the PHP side of things the API is there, but the jQuery and handling of selecting the part of the image the user would like to use does not exist yet. That won't exist until probably CB 2.1. As far as PMing the user you could just use UddeIM for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GODpleasers

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn