Joomla login-form obviously disabled

9 years 5 months ago #251487 by alumnifreudenhain
Joomla login-form obviously disabled was created by alumnifreudenhain
Hello,

I installed CB 2.1 on Joomla 2.5.27 and now I'm encountering the problem that I cannot login to the front end anymore by using the Joomla-login form. When entering my login-data I'm not logged in but redirected to the CB login-form. There I can log-in then.

I would like to separate this strictly: CB login-form only for members of the social network, Joomla login-form only for admins and moderators of the website.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251505 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Joomla login-form obviously disabled

alumnifreudenhain wrote: Hello,

I installed CB 2.1 on Joomla 2.5.27 and now I'm encountering the problem that I cannot login to the front end anymore by using the Joomla-login form. When entering my login-data I'm not logged in but redirected to the CB login-form. There I can log-in then.

I would like to separate this strictly: CB login-form only for members of the social network, Joomla login-form only for admins and moderators of the website.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

[mod note: Thread moved = please do not post on the Potential bug forum your support questions]

Community Builder was designed to have its own registration, login and user management processes, so you should use them instead on the Joomla ones.

This has always been the case.

Please not that backend login is always Joomla based - CB does not bypass that.

Also not that there is no such thing as Joomla users and CB users = everytime a user is added to CB a Joomla user record is automatically created.

9 years 5 months ago #251514 by alumnifreudenhain
Replied by alumnifreudenhain on topic Joomla login-form obviously disabled
Thanks for your answer.
However, before installing CB 2.1 I (admin) was able to use the Joomla loginform and only the group of those who registered through CB could login by using the CB form.

9 years 5 months ago #251515 by nant

alumnifreudenhain wrote: Thanks for your answer.
However, before installing CB 2.1 I (admin) was able to use the Joomla loginform and only the group of those who registered through CB could login by using the CB form.

This is not proper usage.

For example - what is stopping "CB users" form using the Joomla login?

My answer: nothing.

Suggest you use some other method to create different classes of users through CB. Example have a CB field that you can use to keep track of class-A users vs class-B users.

If you still insist on improper usage that will most likely cause you issues down the line, you might want to look into unpublishing the Community Builder System plugin from your Joomla plugin manager.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #251519 by alumnifreudenhain
Replied by alumnifreudenhain on topic Joomla login-form obviously disabled
I think it's easiest to replace the Joomla login form with the CB login form then.
But can I alter the looks at least? The Joomla form looks sleek and clean (top), the CB form (underneath) looks rather cramped. Is there a way to change the language for "remember me" etc. until the German translation is available for CB 2.1?

Edit:
After successful login, Joomla says "Hello, name", but CB form says "Hi, username".
Can I change the greeting? I would like to see the name instead of the username.

Thanks!
Attachments:

9 years 5 months ago #251529 by nant

alumnifreudenhain wrote: I think it's easiest to replace the Joomla login form with the CB login form then.
But can I alter the looks at least? The Joomla form looks sleek and clean (top), the CB form (underneath) looks rather cramped. Is there a way to change the language for "remember me" etc. until the German translation is available for CB 2.1?

Edit:
After successful login, Joomla says "Hello, name", but CB form says "Hi, username".
Can I change the greeting? I would like to see the name instead of the username.

Thanks!

There are many styling parameters in the CB Login module parameters area - please look, study, experiment until you like the results. Depending on your Joomla template you might need to adjust / add CSS styling to achieve your liking.

Regarding wording changes you need to install the CB 2.0.1 language plugin and make appropriate changes there.

File Attachment:

File Name: cbplugin_l...0-26.zip
File Size:103 KB
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn