Badge Icon issue with Tabs using Purity II Template

9 years 4 months ago #253622 by AndreBot
Hi, I just upgraded from CB 1.9 to 2.0.3 and I am very pleased with the new CB. I just encountered one problem to date with the Articles and Blog Profile Tabs using Purity II template.
I run Joomla 3.3.6, PHP 5.3.29 and MYSQL 5.5.40.
The problem only occurs on my Purity sites, not the Protostar ones. I inspected the item in error and found that the class="badge badge-default" is eventually associated with a .badge statement in my template.css that loads a background-image from the template image directory called "icon-badge.png" and this corrupts the tab.
I included screen shots of both the web page and css code in question.
Hope someone has a solution for me.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #253641 by nant

AndreBot wrote: Hi, I just upgraded from CB 1.9 to 2.0.3 and I am very pleased with the new CB. I just encountered one problem to date with the Articles and Blog Profile Tabs using Purity II template.
I run Joomla 3.3.6, PHP 5.3.29 and MYSQL 5.5.40.
The problem only occurs on my Purity sites, not the Protostar ones. I inspected the item in error and found that the class="badge badge-default" is eventually associated with a .badge statement in my template.css that loads a background-image from the template image directory called "icon-badge.png" and this corrupts the tab.
I included screen shots of both the web page and css code in question.
Hope someone has a solution for me.
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to our forums ;-)

Glad to hear that you have been using CB 1.9 and are now enjoying CB 2.0.

Your issue is related to your template and really needs to be addressed there.

Wish I could help but my css skills are limited.
Maybe ask your template provider to fix this for you.

9 years 4 months ago #253653 by AndreBot
Thanks Nick, I will try that. I was hoping someone else using Purity II had a similar problem and a potential solution. It is obviously related to the icon that shows the number of articles or blogs next to the tab name. Anyway, thanks for the reply and thanks for a great product!

9 years 4 months ago #253665 by nant

AndreBot wrote: Thanks Nick, I will try that. I was hoping someone else using Purity II had a similar problem and a potential solution.

Hope someone using this template can help then.

8 years 3 months ago #276821 by Jurgentje
Hi,

I'm also suffering this issue, not with Purity II but with another template from Joomlart.

I agree that this is a CSS issue, and a conflict like this is not the fault of one or the other partner. Putting the blame at the other party is not completely honest in my opinion: when that template was released, CB wasn't using the badge CSS.

Since it's CB who changed course here, I think it's CB that should fix it.

That said, Joomlart templates can have template overrides in the file custom.css in the CSS folder of the template. So there you could put the CSS to have the badge to your liking.

Is there an option to disable badges? I consider them disturbing on a site I'm running and the upgrade automatically enabled them.

8 years 2 months ago #277055 by Sven
Same here.
The badge is defined in CB-code. I need to be able to shut it of since that class is used for other purposes in my template.

/Sven

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn