user synchronization between joomla and CB not working?

9 years 3 months ago #254102 by Karim
I just noticed that trying to enter a new password from the front end in the "Edit your details / Contact info" tab does not seems to work.
After entering the new password and clicking update, I got a message "Your settings have been saved", but when I try to login with the new password, I get an error message stating "wrong username/password"

The old password still works though.
I used the "synchronise users" in the CB tools, but no difference, the new password still does not work, while the old one works.

I modified the password from the admin side using the CB user manager, but still the old password is working but the new one does not.

Last I changed the password in the joomla user manager, and this time the new password works.

Each time I checked in phpmyadmin to see what going on, and it looks like using the CB user manager or entering a new password in the contact info tab is not modifying the password.

Is this a bug?

I tested that on two installation:
1. CB 1.9.1/joomla 3.3.4
2. CB 2.0.3/joomla 3.3.6
php version: 5.3.22
mysql: 5.5.40
Thanks for any info
Karim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #254105 by nant

Karim wrote: I just noticed that trying to enter a new password from the front end in the "Edit your details / Contact info" tab does not seems to work.
After entering the new password and clicking update, I got a message "Your settings have been saved", but when I try to login with the new password, I get an error message stating "wrong username/password"

The old password still works though.
I used the "synchronise users" in the CB tools, but no difference, the new password still does not work, while the old one works.

I modified the password from the admin side using the CB user manager, but still the old password is working but the new one does not.

Last I changed the password in the joomla user manager, and this time the new password works.

Each time I checked in phpmyadmin to see what going on, and it looks like using the CB user manager or entering a new password in the contact info tab is not modifying the password.

Is this a bug?

I tested that on two installation:
1. CB 1.9.1/joomla 3.3.4
2. CB 2.0.3/joomla 3.3.6
php version: 5.3.22
mysql: 5.5.40
Thanks for any info
Karim

Make sure you have followed the getting started articles and properly turned off joomla registration. login form, etc.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/community-builder/getting-started

9 years 3 months ago #254108 by Karim
Thanks for the quick reply.
Did all that too.
The joomla user registration is set to No, while the CB one is set to Yes, independently of global site...
One additional thing I tried is to request a new password using the "forgot password" link. The password I receive works fine, but whenever I try to change it either from the front end ot the CB user manager, this is not working and the password field in the database is not affected at all...
The password is only changed if I do it from the jommla user manager from the admin side...
Thanks
Karim

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn