User list and privacy

9 years 4 months ago #254958 by KatoKalin
User list and privacy was created by KatoKalin
My user list is acting weird. Until now I had a custom filter sql statement which I believed find. Basically it checked the privacy table and made sure onyl public profiles get showed.

From what I understand cb-privacy should respect privacy in user list so a custom filter rule seems to be unessesary. But now the user list is acting weird. I have set it to show 5 user per page. But actually it is showing 2, 3 or 4, like any number you can think of.
It looks like that it is fetching 5 users to show and simply removes the users which are not public, thus reducing the number which is getting displayed. If so then this is not how this should work.
Also I have issues with SEF extension, paging does not seem to work well with SEF enabled, but I have to do some more checks on this.

So first of all I need to know I am correct that privacy should be respected in users list so no additional privacy filter is required. And also I need to know what the list does not display the number of users per page that I have set it to display.
Third, what can be the reason for the SEF issues?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 4 months ago #254983 by nant
Replied by nant on topic User list and privacy
When posting (especially in the Potential bugs area) please give version numbers of everything involved and also details on how to reproduce issue.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/226964-read-before-posting

9 years 4 months ago #254988 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic User list and privacy
I believe the easiest way to try to reproduce this would be to set some profiles to private, profiles to display per page to 5 and check if it really shows 5 profiles per page. In my case it does not.

This goes for Joomla 2.5.27 with CB 2.0.4 and CB Privacy 4.0.2

9 years 4 months ago #255002 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User list and privacy
Your filter is still needed. What was fixed is the initial display of users will properly remove users where privacy has their profile restricted from the viewing users. Previously they'd show. I've added a feature ticket to basically add the filtering automatically so you won't have to add it to your userlist manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds