Cannot Login to Members Area using Chrome

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256704 by DesignM8
Site is running CB 2.0.4 on a J! 3.3.6 installation and works seamlessly on my iMac (running 10.10.1) using Firefox (34.0.5) BUT it will not allow me to login using Chrome or Safari (8.0.2) (Version 39.0.2171.95 (64-bit)):
Also, when attempting to Register I get the following in Chrome:
BUT cookies are enabled:

System Settings:

There are no reported issues on PCs running IE.

I have checked the browser settings and all allow pop-ups and do not block plugins.

Anyone else found this - it's very annoying and I'm worried that client's customers may experience the same issue?

On a completely different point please note the 'out of alignment' check box to the right of Remember Me on the attached screenshot (attachment 1) - where in the CSS (?if that's the correct place?) do I fix this please?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #256705 by DesignM8
Replied by DesignM8 on topic Cannot Login to Members Area using Chrome
Just double checked and although the access is showing as 'denied' in the Front End, the Joomla! Control Panel is showing that the User is shown as logged into the Front End! :huh:

9 years 3 months ago #256715 by DesignM8
Replied by DesignM8 on topic Cannot Login to Members Area using Chrome
Hi

Please believe me I am not trying to be difficult here but I am at a total loss as to why you responded as you did. For your information I did take the trouble to read the instructions before composing the post, I revisited and edited it too just to ensure that I'd provided all the information you asked for. I have gone through the steps requested and noted the relevant bits in my post:

1. You provide exact Joomla version given in original post: "Site is running CB 2.0.4 on a J! 3.3.6 installation"
2. You provide exact Community Builder version given in original post see point 1 above
3. You provide exact PHP version and MYSQL version given in the original post: see screen shot 4: PHP is 5.3.28 MySQL is 5.5.33
3. You provide exact steps so we can replicate the exact issue you are seeing on our clean install you are kidding right? Have you read the post? See attachments 1,2,3 and 4 and the text? How else could I have spelt the matter out?
4. You give exact details of complete error message or behavior you are seeing: see attachments 1 & 2 + the post ...

Please tell me what's missing and I'll happily provide it.

9 years 3 months ago #256722 by nant
Hi again.

3. You provide exact steps so we can replicate the exact issue you are seeing on our clean install you are kidding right?

Sorry - it is not clear that you actually replicated this issue on a clean install.

This is why I posted the link.

People have issues on their websites that are usually caused by other items installed and not CB related. This is why we ask people that post in the potential bugs area to be able to replicate their stated issues on a clean install.

Have you been able to replicate this issue on a new J336/cb204 install?

If you have then I personally will take another look as I have not been able to replicate what you are seeing on my clean install testing environment.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn