Registering in cyrillic is ok, but after - profile edit impossible - error

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264025 by mk3
If a person when he registers enhters his username like "Владимир" (in Cyrillic) then it's impossible to edit the profile, because it writes an error:

Ошибка
Пожалуйста, введите корректный логин. Без пробелов, не менее 2 символов. Так же в логине не должно быть символов: bla bla bla

(Error
Please, enter a correct login. Without spaces, not less 2 symbols. In the login there must not be the following symbols: bla bla bla)

I think this problem just appeared in version 2.0.8 of CB. Before I didn't notice it.

PS: before this problem, in CB 2.0.7 I've told you about the other problem with UTF8 symbols and Cyrillic - you've fixed it: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/229436-5246-avatar-profile-picture-doesnt-save-with-cyrillic-letters

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264033 by nant

mk3 wrote: If a person when he registers enhters his username like "Владимир" (in Cyrillic) then it's impossible to edit the profile, because it writes an error:

Ошибка
Пожалуйста, введите корректный логин. Без пробелов, не менее 2 символов. Так же в логине не должно быть символов: bla bla bla

(Error
Please, enter a correct login. Without spaces, not less 2 symbols. In the login there must not be the following symbols: bla bla bla)

I think this problem just appeared in version 2.0.8 of CB. Before I didn't notice it.

PS: before this problem, in CB 2.0.7 I've told you about the other problem with UTF8 symbols and Cyrillic - you've fixed it: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/229436-5246-avatar-profile-picture-doesnt-save-with-cyrillic-letters

I think this is a joomla issue - try to change the username from joomla user manager

8 years 11 months ago #264034 by mk3
It's not a problem to change the username in joomla and in CB also. But I can't do that, because 50% of people are registering with Cyrillic usernames.
Don't you think this might be related with the previous Cyrillic bug (with the avatar names)?

Because with people who have their username in Latin there's no such problem - only those who have their username in Cyrillic...

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264035 by nant

mk3 wrote: It's not a problem to change the username in joomla and in CB also. But I can't do that, because 50% of people are registering with Cyrillic usernames.
Don't you think this might be related with the previous Cyrillic bug (with the avatar names)?

Because with people who have their username in Latin there's no such problem - only those who have their username in Cyrillic...

once again:

can you test to change a username to Владимир
from joomla user manager?

it is failing for me

8 years 11 months ago #264036 by mk3
I'll try when I get home. So this may be a problem in the newest release of joomla you think?

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #264040 by mk3
Well, I've just tried to change the username in both of them: in Joomla and in CB, and tried latin and cyrillic - everithing works for me.
So what and where can be the problem? Maybe there is a restriction on how the username must be written (only in latin for example and NO cyrillic or other UTF8)?

The interesting thing that I noticed - when I changed username to "бббббб" (cyrillic letter 'b') - everithing worked fine, as I wrote up there... but when I've tried with "Владимир" - it didn't :huh: That makes me think, that you're right and it's the problem of Joomla! 3.4.1

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn