CB_Login logout redirect

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #268026 by rolandfrancis
Replied by rolandfrancis on topic CB_Login logout redirect
Allow me to assist: I have setup a clean J3.4.3 with CB 2.0.10 on www.pythias.eu

To illustrate the bug:
- I have created a menu with a LOGIN button for guests --> CBmoduleredirect to /welcome-to-you
- And a menu item with LOGOUT for registered users ==>CBlogin-moduleredirect to www.csi-tools.com/contact

When you click the menu-logout you will see the bug
(ONLY when you click the logout button on the CBloginmodule, it works as expected)

I hope this helps you to replicate

user: Test1
password: Test1

Also *1*: try to create a new account and notice that *first login redirect* does not work (you arrive on homepage) and *not* on firstlogin settings of CB configuration NOR on login redirect as set in CBlogin module.

*2*: user can change password below minimal safetysettings (as illustrated with the passoword of Test1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268052 by cosimota
Replied by cosimota on topic CB_Login logout redirect

rolandfrancis wrote: To illustrate the bug:
- I have created a menu with a LOGIN button for guests --> CBmoduleredirect to /welcome-to-you
- And a menu item with LOGOUT for registered users ==>CBlogin-moduleredirect to www.csi-tools.com/contact

(ONLY when you click the logout button on the CBloginmodule, it works as expected)

Thanks rolandfrancis,
yes, the problem is well represented by your example.
If necessary, I can make myself another example but wait what Nick say about your example.

8 years 8 months ago #268083 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB_Login logout redirect

rolandfrancis wrote: Allow me to assist: I have setup a clean J3.4.3 with CB 2.0.10 on www.pythias.eu

To illustrate the bug:

I hope this helps you to replicate

user: Test1
password: Test1

Also *1*: try to create a new account and notice that *first login redirect* does not work (you arrive on homepage) and *not* on firstlogin settings of CB configuration NOR on login redirect as set in CBlogin module.

*2*: user can change password below minimal safetysettings (as illustrated with the passoword of Test1

Thank you for the explanation.

The CB Login module logout redirect parameter only affects the CB Login module Logout button.

It does not effect a CB Login joomla menu item.

8 years 8 months ago #268085 by cosimota
Replied by cosimota on topic CB_Login logout redirect

nant wrote: The CB Login module logout redirect parameter only affects the CB Login module Logout button.
It does not effect a CB Login joomla menu item.

That means that to correct the defect must get our hands on Joomla and not on CB?

8 years 8 months ago #268094 by rolandfrancis
Replied by rolandfrancis on topic CB_Login logout redirect
I'm sorry, but this is REALLY counterproductive: there are 3+1 really important issues here and I will list the open issues in order of high priority on a functional level:
1. CB redirect-after-1st-login (setting in CB configuration) is NOT working - user gets error message on 1st login.
2. If you say that the redirect function on logout is only available in the CBlogin module, than that's your maker's-choice, but the issue remains that the redirect functionality is missing in the CBlogout menu option and should be able to set.
3. If you choose for functionality of CBlogin module to be only available there, than the redirect functionality should also be able to set in the menu CB login menu option.
(4. user password can be set below minimal security settings criteria when changing password)

8 years 8 months ago #268095 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB_Login logout redirect

rolandfrancis wrote: I'm sorry, but this is REALLY counterproductive: there are 3+1 really important issues here and I will list the open issues in order of high priority on a functional level:
1. CB redirect-after-1st-login (setting in CB configuration) is NOT working - user gets error message on 1st login.
2. If you say that the redirect function on logout is only available in the CBlogin module, than that's your maker's-choice, but the issue remains that the redirect functionality is missing in the CBlogout menu option and should be able to set.
3. If you choose for functionality of CBlogin module to be only available there, than the redirect functionality should also be able to set in the menu CB login menu option.
(4. user password can be set below minimal security settings criteria when changing password)

1. I just tested on my test site and first login redirect seems to work just fine.

2. Yes that is what I said - the paramter is clearly associated with the CB Login module and not the menu item. Please note that you can have multiple login modules - each configured differently.

3. Well I would propose maybe be menu item parameter as the best approach for this new feature.

4. Not understanding what this means - please explain.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn