[#6659] Wrong params value after frontend profile editing

6 years 8 months ago #296442 by krileon
The workaround is in the storage behavior of the params field. Ensure it's displayed on profile edit and registration. You can try hiding all the parameters using Hide Parameters under the fields Parameters tab, but I've no idea if that'll result in the issue again. Joomla handles params column storage poorly by always JSON encoding it even if it's already a string. We'll need to move the workaround to our database table object just before we save the Joomla user object. This wasn't an issue in past CB releases because in past CB releases it was impossible to hide the params field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297159 by cliffvt
FYI, tonight our entire site frontend died with the message "Error decoding JSON data: Syntax error"

After trying a number of things I remembered this post again, and ran the command UPDATE `xxxxx_users` SET `params` = '{}' and it fixed 57 rows and hey presto, the site worked again..

Pheww... But it was down for a while..

Cliff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn