Error when trying to update Community Builder

1 year 11 months ago #329313 by sekhemre
Hello, I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when I try to update Community Builder, I get the following error:

TypeError: Failed to fetch

After the "failed" attempt to updpate, it appears as if the update actually took. Very strange. Idealy, it should say the update was completed successfully since the update notice is gone after the failed attempt. I have even tried reinstalling Community Builder but I get the same error, even though the installation appeared to be successfull.

My server stats:
Webserver nginx
Joomla version 4.1.2
php version 8.0.18 (socket based php-fpm)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #329337 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error when trying to update Community Builder
How are you trying to update CB? Manually installing through Joomla or CB? Using Joomla's install from web? Using Joomla's extension update? Through CB's install from web? Where are you seeing this error exactly? In the package installers message output?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329387 by sekhemre
Replied by sekhemre on topic Error when trying to update Community Builder
I tried using Install from web from community builder, as well as a standard extension install from Joomla where you have to upload the package to the server.

I know that CB uses it's own plugin to check for updates. That is what shows when initially logging in to the back end where it informs you that there is an update. It has the "Update All" button, and only shows CB updates (separate from other Joomla updates).

Joomla's install from web does not seem to show the CB updates, while it does show updates for other components, modules, or plugins.

To reproduce the issue, I just have to wait for a new update to CB. Then I login to the backend, and at the top of the page in red it says something about a new version of CB. Click on that, it takes you to CB install from web. Click update all, and it start the update, but the status says the updated failed with that error. Afterwards, there is no more update notification for CB until the next version.

I also tried to download the latest package from joomlapolis. From there I went to Joomla's install extension and uploaded the package. Same thing happens. It appears to have installed, even though the package installer reported it as a failed install.

I have checked the database for errors and found none. All tables are up to date. Allow origins is set to the default as well, an asterisk. It should match without an issue.

1 year 11 months ago #329411 by krileon
Sounds like it installed fine and it's just the JS that tells you if success or fail failed. Likely because something is breaking the JSON output after something is installed. Will see if I can improve that installer behavior further so it doesn't have to rely on a specific message format and instead use a response code.

When something fails to install click its box to expand its details. Then click the button to copy the error details and provide the copied details in a post. This will give us some environment details and any errors that were output.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #329421 by sekhemre
Replied by sekhemre on topic Error when trying to update Community Builder
Thank you about checking on the installer behavior. I actually took screenshots of the entire process today. Here is the installation details:

System Information
Joomla: 4.1.2
Community Builder: 2.7.2
PHP: 8.0.18
Database: mysql 10.5.15-MariaDB

Package
File: 000_pkg_communitybuilder_2.7.2+build.2022.05.09.18.01.50.cff9cffac.zip
Log:
TypeError: Failed to fetch

Attachments:

1 year 11 months ago #329437 by krileon
Ok, that just looks like a JS side issue with it unable to report back if the install was successful or not. Am working on improving that in package installer so should have that fixed sometime this week. Currently if an error happens Joomla side it will malform the JSON response and fail the response. So it's possible you do have some sort of error happening and suggest checking server error logs to be sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn