new users unable to register on user interface.

1 year 2 months ago #332678 by Niania
hello,
I have this problem : new users are unable to register on user interface: the register form shows normally but when I try to fill for a new registration it redirect me to the Login page and after I confirm the login, it is showing the following message "incorrect username or password. Please try again" even if the username is correct . Everything is fine on the backend (I can create new user). 
Can anyone help me please 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332679 by Niania
I use Joomla 4.2.7 and Community Builder version 2.8.0+build.2023.01.27.16.59.55.3636e2d5a
Thank you !

1 year 2 months ago #332694 by krileon
You've an access permission problem it sounds like. Did you modify any of CBs default menu items created when CB is installed or create new menu items to CB? CB requires a public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page. It doesn't need to be visible, but it needs to exist. CB creates such a menu item on install under the Community Builder menu type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332707 by Niania
Thank you for your response. No I didn't any of CBs default menu items created when CB is installed nor create new menu items to CB. I have just create a menu on the site (Front) with the CB Registration Form (with the link : index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers). All the CB default menu are published and are public.

Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332708 by Niania
Sorry, there was a typing error on my last message, so I correct it here :
Thank you for your response. No, I didn't modify any of CBs default menu items created when CB is installed nor create new menu items to CB. I have just created a menu on the site (Front) with the CB Registration Form (with the link : index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers). I verified all the CB default menu, and they're all published and are public. But the registration still doesn't work. 

1 year 2 months ago #332709 by Niania
I have verified it deeply, and you were right, maybe one month ago I accidentally unpublished the CB sign-up menu. And now I have published it, but it is still unable to register. What else can I do to fix it? Thank you in advance for your response.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn