[SOLVED] Change language in CB using Joomla 1.6

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #173979 by Chef Marco
Replied by Chef Marco on topic Re: J1.6 CB1.4 Language File Problem
ok, and how can i switch it ?

I´ve installed german and english language, but in the configuration i don´t find a possibility to make any changes, under "Plug-In"-Manager i only find the default english language, nothing else.... the files are already installed and (coz i run a multilanguage site) are switching automaticly.

My problem is:

I installed the indonesian frontend-language package, but nothing is shown if i click on "Indonesian" (other add-ons i already translated are working properly...)

Any suggestions ?

Afterburner: I already translated the latest english-installation-package, install was without error messages, i can find the indonesian language in the Plugin-Manager, but how the hell i can activate it ???

Programming is for masochists.... :S

System: Joomla 1.7, CB 1.7, too

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #174006 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Re: J1.6 CB1.4 Language File Problem
I myself did not test CB 1.7 configuration with more than two languages on J! 1.7 yet but CB usually automatically picks up a default language of the Joomla! system. no need to activate anything. may be something is wrong with your language plug-in itself?

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

12 years 7 months ago #174012 by Chef Marco
Replied by Chef Marco on topic Re: J1.6 CB1.4 Language File Problem
Hi Alex !

Yes, about one point you are right, my translation was very buggy, i fixed it, but it didn´t solved the problem.

I solved in an additional way:
No matter, if the english language is installed, ALL desired languages must be installed, too !
For example: My site is running with three languages: German, English and Indonesian. Actually i assumed i just only need the german and the indonesian language packages only, english is already installed.... WRONG !

For everyone who already has experiences with building up a multilanguage site will understand me immediately: the default language (here:english) is just only used, if no other language is aviable, anyway if the construction of the site is ready for 3 languages (articles, modules,....)

My solution: you must upload EACH desired language (in my case: german, indonesian AND english, additional to the already installed default language "English"), then the automatic switch of the languages will work.... :)

This thread can be marked as solved... :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn