SVN for language needed, FAQ, and updater

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151245 by lukoie
Dear CB Team,
SVN
Could you please open any SVN repository for your translation files storage?
Any svn-like service, but very centralized for all CB translation would be just perfect
At this point, for example, i have no idea how to create or help someone else with translation, so i'd rather wait for convenient tool.

FAQ
And also it would be nice if you describe even in few words how to make localization plugin(using any language as an exsample), so instead of replacing "default_language" file with the localized one, as it is proposed here on the forum, i could create language plugins for the languages i use on my site as it is supposed to be.
Even pinned thread here would be nice. If you have a full default english localization file, with _all the strings you have_ in CB, the link to it will be highly appreciated.

Updater
By the way, is there any chance to get CB language plugins installed by Joomla extensions tool, so for the future language version it could be updated by new Joomla extensions updater?
Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #151253 by nant
Our Official Languages forge area for CB is here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb?jump=welcome

Wiki on that page is here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

The wiki give instructions (which BTW have been posted many times as sticky posts on the forums).

We are evaluating various tools for language support.
We have no plans to use Joomla installer for our language plugins at the moment.

13 years 2 months ago #151299 by lukoie
Thanx a lot, Nick for complete answer.
I think this information is more useful on this forum thread, because this one is for the 1.3.x localization.
I visited this forum only for the localization files. The localization i needed was not complete, so i decided to edit it myself and make installer, instead of just replacing "default_language" file as it is proposed by the localization author.
So i think this information needs to be in this forum thread, even sticked for the future localization authours, instead of somewhere else, where someone who only needs 1.3.x localization even do not go.

13 years 2 months ago #151308 by lukoie
Dear Nick
On the page you gave me the link to there's only localization for the CB 1.2.3 version, and just .php file, without installer.
I would like to update that language project with the correct localization installer, newly created from the scratch, using British localization as an example file structure.
So, what do we do?

13 years 2 months ago #151309 by nant

lukoie2 wrote: Dear Nick
On the page you gave me the link to there's only localization for the CB 1.2.3 version, and just .php file, without installer.
I would like to update that language project with the correct localization installer, newly created from the scratch, using British localization as an example file structure.
So, what do we do?

I gave you this page also:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb/wiki

13 years 2 months ago #151317 by lukoie
Yes, and i have read it.
The problem is that it seems Joomla no more uses
<backwardLang>XXX </backwardLang>
tag, so even while the localization is being installed, it does not affects the CB translation.
Is it the only way to tell CB what language do i use on the site, by inserting "backwardLang" tag in xml Joomla localization xml file?

And secondly that page does not explains how to update the forge.
On the forge page there's only 1.2.x localization version, so my question was how to update it(forge) with the newly created 1.3.x localization installation file, which i personally already have by now?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.643 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn