User list translate?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159109 by voodoorily
User list translate? was created by voodoorily
Hi there!

First of all I would like to congradulate the great work you have been doing for us.

Second of all.... I have a list of users displayed on my website, in greek characters. How can I (manually) change them to their english character equivalents? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I already have every page set up with joomfish, but... no luck with the users.

Thank you

Maria

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159361 by smorblomst
Replied by smorblomst on topic Re: User list translate?
Hi,
if you mean the static fields in your lists like the description, title or name/interests or whatever - that's quite easy.

Go to the List-manager in your CB component.
The text fields where you can write text for the list-description or columns, you can just insert a variable like "_UE_name" instead of name.

Then you have to go into your Comprofiler language files, where you can define a text in each language for that variable.

I hope I could help you.... If there are any further questions or if you need details, I am glad to help ;-)

bye

13 years 2 weeks ago #159404 by voodoorily
Replied by voodoorily on topic Re: User list translate?
Thank you for the quick response!

This is not what I meant.... I have a list of users.... and in a part of my website, these users are displayed with their names...

the names are in greek for each user... is there a way to translate the names of each user (first name - last name are displayed for each one), to english?

thank you again!

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #159410 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Re: User list translate?
could you provide us a screenshot with one of such pages?

that's rather unusual request as far as I am concerned. I am not sure even if Google automatic translation service would touch names.

are you looking for a sorta one-click solution to translate your Greek users' first and second names from Greek to English in one go?

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

13 years 2 weeks ago #159577 by voodoorily
Replied by voodoorily on topic Re: User list translate?
yes this is what I am looking for. Any ideas?

alternatively, can I translate each profile page(first name last name contact details etc)into english, so that the one-click solution of joomfish could work on the profiles? thanks again!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn