private clients' pages in a company's website

9 years 2 months ago #258034 by Fori
Hello there,
I haven't tried Community Builder yet. Please, tell me if I could do the following thing with it:
A company wants their clients to have private space on the company's website. Every client should have te ability to upload documents, to leave messages to the company and receive answers. And all this should be done in their private spaces. No one of the other clients should be able to see the other clients' private pages/spaces, nor they could get somehow the other users' files/documents.
The company manager should be able to get in every client's page and get the files, messages left hor him/her and answer the clients or at least to tell them the company got their files/documents.
Is this possible to be achieved with community builder and preferrably without touching its code?

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #258053 by nant

Fori wrote: Hello there,
I haven't tried Community Builder yet. Please, tell me if I could do the following thing with it:
A company wants their clients to have private space on the company's website. Every client should have te ability to upload documents, to leave messages to the company and receive answers. And all this should be done in their private spaces. No one of the other clients should be able to see the other clients' private pages/spaces, nor they could get somehow the other users' files/documents.
The company manager should be able to get in every client's page and get the files, messages left hor him/her and answer the clients or at least to tell them the company got their files/documents.
Is this possible to be achieved with community builder and preferrably without touching its code?

Thank you in advance and have a good day.

First reply is that you should be able to configure this using:
1. CB 2.0.5+
2. CB Privacy plugin (to make your profiles private so only users can see their own profiles and CB Moderators can see other user profiles). Professional membership needed.
3. You can probably use CB file field type to create multiple file fields in your profiles. Or you can use the CB Profile Gallery (new one under development and should be ready later this month) - needs Professional membership.
4. You can setup a private messaging system using uddeIM (downloaded and installed separately) that has built-in integration with/in CB.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fori

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn