Backend validation turned off still validating

9 years 1 month ago #259922 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Backend validation turned off still validating
Unfortunately this is not correct. If I set the fields as not required from the CB backend then I can save them empty as many times I like.
This is obviously a CB issue not a Joomla issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #259923 by nant

KatoKalin wrote: Unfortunately this is not correct. If I set the fields as not required from the CB backend then I can save them empty as many times I like.
This is obviously a CB issue not a Joomla issue.

What is not correct?

I wrote that "if a field is marked as required and the badly named parameter is set to No", then you can create a new user in the backend or edit an existing user and save their profile without having to fill-out required CB fields.

Your experiment to save empty values to not required fields is really irrelevant.

9 years 1 month ago #259924 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Backend validation turned off still validating
" "if a field is marked as required and the badly named parameter is set to No", then you can create a new user in the backend or edit an existing user and save their profile without having to fill-out required CB fields."

I am trying to tell you that this is exactly what is not working: I have set CB fields lastname and firstname to required. I have set parameter to no. I cannot save an existing user profile with empty lastname and firstname. I need to set the fields lastname and firstname to not required to be able to save the profile. I don´t think this is the way it should be.

9 years 1 month ago #259925 by nant

KatoKalin wrote: " "if a field is marked as required and the badly named parameter is set to No", then you can create a new user in the backend or edit an existing user and save their profile without having to fill-out required CB fields."

I am trying to tell you that this is exactly what is not working: I have set CB fields lastname and firstname to required. I have set parameter to no. I cannot save an existing user profile with empty lastname and firstname. I need to set the fields lastname and firstname to not required to be able to save the profile. I don´t think this is the way it should be.

Ok - will do some more tests and follow-up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn