filtering of characters in Editor Text Area field

8 years 11 months ago #264586 by michwebdev
Upon saving, characters in fields (type "Editor Text Area") are converted to "?". For example, the word "Politička" becomes "Politi?ka".

When I try the same thing in a Joomla article, this does not happen so I am suspecting there is some filtering going on in Community Builder. The database entry in the j25_comprofiler table shows "Politi?ka" as well so I suspect this is not just a display issue. Is there a setting somewhere to adjust filtering?

Community Builder: 2.0.8
Joomla 3.3.6
JCE Editor: 2.4.6

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #264614 by nant

michwebdev wrote: Upon saving, characters in fields (type "Editor Text Area") are converted to "?". For example, the word "Politička" becomes "Politi?ka".

When I try the same thing in a Joomla article, this does not happen so I am suspecting there is some filtering going on in Community Builder. The database entry in the j25_comprofiler table shows "Politi?ka" as well so I suspect this is not just a display issue. Is there a setting somewhere to adjust filtering?

Community Builder: 2.0.8
Joomla 3.3.6
JCE Editor: 2.4.6

Most likely your CB related Joomla database tables are not set to the proper collation.

Everything (for multilanguage / non English) sites should be set to utf8_general_ci.

Search google for more help.

8 years 10 months ago #265016 by michwebdev
Replied by michwebdev on topic filtering of characters in Editor Text Area field
After making the change below to the column where the characters were needed (in the comprofiler table), the issue was resolved:

ALTER TABLE dbprefix_comprofiler MODIFY columnname mediumtext CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

Thanks for the tip!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn