Getting user information out of AD2008R2 with LDAP

8 years 2 months ago #277059 by jvkuijk
Hi there,

We want in our Joomla 3.4.8 website all the information of users interactive out of Active Directory 2008 R2 in CB as users. Is that possible?

It's a one-way connection for us. We don't want to sent back information from Joomla/CB to Active Directory.

Jan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277201 by krileon
CB supports authentication plugins. Joomlas LDAP authentication plugin will work, but it will only create the users with the most basic of information. Ideally you'd make a custom LDAP authentication plugin that'd create a CB user and synchronize the information as needed. This would all happen on login attempt. The alternative is to have your Active Directory 2008 R2 fire a direct action in CB Auto Actions via URL that can register them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #297529 by beat
Posting this to old LDAP threads, just as a convenience to Joomla LDAP authentication plugin users:

If you are using the LDAP authentication plugin of Joomla in Joomla 1.5 through 3.7.5: Stop what you are doing and Update immediately to Joomla 3.8.0 (LDAP-security release) !

If you don't understand what LDAP is, then it's not an issue for you (you should sure upgrade to Joomla 3.8, but it's not as urgent).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn