Configuring dynamic USA state, city, zip fields with CB Query field plugin

8 years 20 hours ago #280877 by tjohns92109
Okay... I really hope I'm wrong here. I just spent a bunch of time importing your states, cities, & zipcodes SQL file into my database and set everything up exactly as instructed at www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18533-configuring-dynamic-usa-state-city-zip-fields-with-cb-query-field-plugin

#5 on the instructions says, "Configure the Update On parameter in the Query Tab to your previously created cb_usastate field"

Where is the 'on' parameter????? Was this feature removed? And instructions just left there like that? I'm fully confused and frustrated after replacing my original fields with these fields. Please tell me this still works!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 14 hours ago - 8 years 14 hours ago #280878 by lousyfool

Where is the 'on' parameter?????

Edit your Query field > tab Parameters > tab Query (just like the instruction is saying). The "Update On" option is located at the bottom of that page.

8 years 8 hours ago #280891 by nant
Very first paragraph of the tutorial in question:

The CB Query field plugin (version 5.0.2 or better) supports 5 additional field types that get their select values from a database query.

@tjohns92109 - what CB/CB Query field versions are you on?

8 years 1 hour ago #280897 by tjohns92109
Oh, actually it's 4.0.5. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't think a download from 5 months ago would be that old. Do you know if version 5 was available when I had a membership in October? Maybe I downloaded an archived version accidentally.

I thought the documentation was outdated. Guess it's my plugin that's outdated. And there's no way around that, right? I looked at the auto actions plugin, but there's not really a way to set a trigger for a single field entry (only for saving all fields, which wouldn't work).

8 years 1 hour ago #280898 by nant

tjohns92109 wrote: Oh, actually it's 4.0.5. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't think a download from 5 months ago would be that old. Do you know if version 5 was available when I had a membership in October? Maybe I downloaded an archived version accidentally.

I thought the documentation was outdated. Guess it's my plugin that's outdated. And there's no way around that, right? I looked at the auto actions plugin, but there's not really a way to set a trigger for a single field entry (only for saving all fields, which wouldn't work).

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18535-cb-query-field-50-released

CB Query 5.0 was released in February.
Sorry last years version does not have this functionality.

7 years 11 months ago #280899 by tjohns92109
Okay... I see it came out after my membership expired. The client will just have to wait until the next time I purchase a membership. Thanks for the help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn