Password always required during MyProfile Edit???

7 years 11 months ago #281831 by Ake66
Using CB 2.0.14 on Joomla 3.5.1.

My Profile info is not tabbed, but shown linearily.
When you enter Your Profile to edit some field, all available fields are shown.
Specifically the fields "Password" and "Confirm Password".
The Password field shows (well - hidden dots) your current password.
The "Confirm" field is empty.

Thus, when you Edit some other field and try to update your data, you are not allowed to, because the PW and the Confirm fields are not equal.

Is there something I have missed, or is there a requirement to update the PW whenever a MyProfile field is edited?
It seems simple enough to make both fields equal when the page is initially renderered (either both empty, or both showing the hidden PW), just making sure the when/if the PW i edited, the Confirm field is cleared simultaneously.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282034 by villy
Hi
This is not the normal behaviour. In my end, a clear CB installation, both password and psw verification fields are empry (no stars).
Have you done any code modification?

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282036 by krileon
It's your browsers auto complete. We set autocomplete="off", but most browsers and password extensions (e.g. LastPass) ignore it. Turn off autocmplete, remove the stored password, or manually clear on each save. There's nothing more we can do about it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282040 by Ake66
No mods. I believe that Krileon is right.

7 years 10 months ago #282041 by Ake66
I understand. Could hiding the PW change fields behind a button solve the problem? I.e. "Press here to expand the form to display the password change fields"

7 years 10 months ago #282045 by krileon
Not likely. Auto complete in browsers typically just scan the page for the input with the name it's configured to auto complete and then fills it out. You'd need jQuery to empty it on display after a delay of a few seconds, tell your browser to stop auto completing it or something.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn