CB 1.9.1 on Joomla 1.5.26, Import User Profiles to Joomla 3.6

7 years 7 months ago #284907 by pipingdesigner
I inherited a site running Joomla 1.5.26 and Community Builder 1.9.1. I've upgraded to Joomla 3.6 and switched over to Membership Pro from AEC 1.2 for subscriptions. The updated site is running in a subfolder of the main site in preparation to replace the old one.

We have a few hundred users that have been brought into the new Joomla install as well as into Membership Pro. These users have CB 1.9.1 Profile pages at the existing site. What should be my next step to import the user Profile data into the new site?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #284914 by nant

pipingdesigner wrote: I inherited a site running Joomla 1.5.26 and Community Builder 1.9.1. I've upgraded to Joomla 3.6 and switched over to Membership Pro from AEC 1.2 for subscriptions. The updated site is running in a subfolder of the main site in preparation to replace the old one.

We have a few hundred users that have been brought into the new Joomla install as well as into Membership Pro. These users have CB 1.9.1 Profile pages at the existing site. What should be my next step to import the user Profile data into the new site?

Not sure abot presaes category posting.

CB Juice can be used to import users to CB from a text file (see CB Juice forums on this site).

Joomla 3.6 works well with CB 2.0.14 -- no idea if CB 1.9.1 works ok with Joomla 3.6.

Membership Pro is not something we distribute or support on this site - no exprience so no comments / help possible.

7 years 7 months ago #284915 by pipingdesigner
For some reason I thought I had to buy CB in order to use it, so that's why the Presales location. Sorry.

The idea was to install the latest CB on 3.6 and import users from the CB 1.9.1 install, hopefully with a smooth transition from CB to CB. We're really only using MPro for subscription purchases and not for User Profiles. I'll check out CB Juice.

Thanks.

7 years 7 months ago #284958 by nant

pipingdesigner wrote: For some reason I thought I had to buy CB in order to use it, so that's why the Presales location. Sorry.

No problem.

CB has always been free and still is.

You just pay for extra add-ons and support if needed and this keeps the project free.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn