[SOLVED] AJAX email control during registration

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #288435 by WiWo
Joomla 2.5.28 and CB 1.9.1

I used to use PHP as mailer but this caused problems and on advice of my ISP, I changed to SMTP.

This works fine for AcyMailing and ChronoForms but not for CB.

I found many items about this but none of the solutions seems to work for me.

Ticket N° #229809 suggest to use Google SMTP and that also didn't work.

Any email address is reported as invalid as it was not possible to check. If I ignore this message, no confirmation mail is sent.

What is wrong?

File Attachment:

File Name: CB-Registration.zip
File Size:503 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #288438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic AJAX email control during registration
No idea. You're on CB 1.x. You're officially like 2 years behind on releases. I'm surprised it still works on Joomla 2.x to be honest. See the below regarding configuring GMail SMTP for Joomla and CB.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/227832-solved-is-there-a-bug-with-smtp-mode#255667

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #288442 by WiWo
Replied by WiWo on topic AJAX email control during registration
Hi Kyle

Thanks for your answer and yes CB 1.9.1 still works with Joomla 2.5 if I use PHP. The reason why this is still on Joomla 2.5 is that I have a problem for this site in converting CB (and ChronoForms) ....

The item on the forum you refer to, is the same that I found and I tried this solution to exclude that the problem was the ISP. Without succes!

What else could be wrong?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #288462 by krileon
No idea. Like I said you're significantly out of date. Your issue could entirely be a bug with the releases you're using or your host. GMail SMTP is tested working fine with CB 2.x. Check that the registration from address is either empty or from the same domain as your site within CB > Configuration > Registration. If empty ensure the from address specified in Joomla global configuration is from the same domain as your site. Many servers don't like emails to be sent from domains other than their own.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #288468 by WiWo
Replied by WiWo on topic AJAX email control during registration
Thanks for the tips but all e-mail have the same domain @agfagevaertkvg.be witch is the domain for the site.

I tried to upgrade to 2.0.15 (pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.15+build.2016.11.30.00.52.03.0347a88bd.zip) but as I said already, that fails to.

I will continue to use PHP. Thanks.

7 years 3 months ago #288475 by krileon
CB 1.x to CB 2.x is not an upgrade. It is a migration. Make a backup of your site then clone your site. Next test migrating your clone by downloading last CB release and unzipping the file then installing the package within the extensions/packages/ folder of the unzipped file. This will give you an idea of what to expect. Also search the forums regarding migration suggestions for further tips.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: WiWo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn