[SOLVED] AJAX email control during registration

7 years 3 months ago #288923 by WiWo
Replied by WiWo on topic AJAX email control during registration
I've done an other attempt to migrate from 1.9 to version 2.0.15.

I cloned my site as j3.agfagevaertkvg.be, unzipped the installation file com_acymailing_starter_v5.6.0_2016-12-13_12-09-32.zip and copied everything into te tmp directory. Then installed from this directory and that fails also.

See attachment for screenshot.

What else to do? Is it an option to back-up all or some CB-tables, uninstall 1.9, install 2.0.15 and the import data from backup tables?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #288930 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic AJAX email control during registration
Unzip the package and install the CB package within the /extensions/packages folder. Our package installer doesn't work for migrations.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #288938 by WiWo
Kyle

Thank you for your help. It took me a while to understand that there was a zip-file in the zip-file but once I found this, installation was OK.

The language plugin for dutch was also installed and I installed the latest version of the AcyMailing plugin. So far so good.

But ... backend and frontend of this site are both in Dutch, exept for CB! In the forums I read that CB will take the same settings as for Joomla but in this case, it doesn't work like that. What is wrong?

Also, configuration settings are not copied from the 1.9 environment. It is not a big job to redo that but did I do something wrong?

Willy

7 years 3 months ago #289024 by WiWo
Hello

Good news this time. The problem with the language was due to the wrong choise of me to install the package nl_BE instead of nl_NL.

The nl_BE has almost no translations and so I tought it didn't work ....

And also my initial problem (confirmation mails not send) is solved. This was due to an incorrect configuration in Joomla of the SMTP params. SSL secuarity was marked while it should not.

Thanks for all the help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn