[SOLVED] After Update to CB 2.1.1 : Lost Password not working properly.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290345 by scubabyss
Hello
After the update to current version CB 2.1., the lost password feature redirects to a page www.sitename.com/connexion.html which displays a message "You are not allowed to see this page" without any way for the membre to escape this message.

The password is nevertheless properly sent to the email address.

I have been force to use the standard Joomla login and lost password feature to avoid this situation for my membres.

Has anyone seen the case ?

Has anyone an idea on another workaround ?

Best Regards
Scubabyss

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #290407 by krileon
Successful forgot login redirects to the login page. Failed redirects back to the forgot login page. Ensure you've valid internal Joomla menu items to both that are public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #290409 by scubabyss
Thanks for the response.
The trouble does not occur on failed login. It occurs when I purposely click on the lost-password link at the bottom of the CB Login module. And nothing in menu whatsoever has been changed before and after CB upgrade.

I will nevertheless check on another site not upgraded, before and after upgrade.

Scubabyss

7 years 2 months ago #290462 by krileon
Just clicking the forgot login URL causes this? Please ensure your Joomla menu item to CBs forgot login page is public, published, and internal to CBs forgot login page. It should exist and work already as we create it when CB is installed for the first time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #290499 by scubabyss
Thanks again for your concern.

The complet CB menu created at CB installation is public and published, assign to a menu module without a position.

It shall also be noted that while I have this message"Vous n'êtes pas autorisé à voir le contenu de cette page !" (you are not allowed to see this page), the email is actually sent to the email address. The process is working, only the redirection to the page www.sitename.com/connexion.html is the issue.

Of course if the user remove /connexion.html from the displayed url, he gets the access page of the site.

No change after update to CB 2.1.2

I am cloning the site to make further tests.

7 years 2 months ago #290564 by krileon
What Joomla menu item is associated with the menu alias connexion? What's its menu type?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn