[#6462] Show Number of Connections who added me

7 years 2 months ago #291429 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Show Number of Connections who added me
The connections between users are entirely stored in _comprofiler_members and is what you'd be querying.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291732 by Mx150
Replied by Mx150 on topic Show Number of Connections who added me
Hi Krileon,

thanks for your message. Yes i want to buy the plugin... but can somebody tell me the exact code i have to add there if i buy it?

Because i dont know the exact code to display this query..

Hope you can help.

Greetings

7 years 2 months ago #291741 by krileon
In _comprofiler_members the referenceid column is the user id of the user who made the connection request and memberid is the user id receiving the request. So if someone has sent you a connection request their user id would be in referenceid and yours in memberid. The accepted and pending columns are basically self explanatory.

but can somebody tell me the exact code i have to add there if i buy it?

We do not provide custom coding assistance. We only provide simple examples. I don't recommend this approach if you're not familiar with SQL or recommend hiring someone to write the SQL for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291786 by Mx150
Replied by Mx150 on topic Show Number of Connections who added me
Hi Krileon,

thank you for your reply. I think it is very important to display the number of users that have added me dont you think so?

I really want to buy CB full but if nobody can help me to display the query it doesnt make sense to buy it.
I would pay a custom fee also to get this to work. Can you maybe help me with this for a payment?

Greetings and thanks so far for the reply.

Have a great day

7 years 2 months ago #291813 by krileon
Please understand we do not provide custom coding assistance. Basically no extension ever will. That's entirely outside the scope of support and you should not expect it even if you subscribe. We provide simple examples and that is all. If there's any confusion regarding this see the below page.

www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

If you need complex customization's like custom queries, PHP code, etc.. I highly suggest hiring someone to develop that for you. We do not offer services to do this either (we're a small team of 3, we don't have the time; sorry). With that said the below example should probably work.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `#__comprofiler_members` WHERE `memberid` = '[user_id]' AND `accepted` = 1  AND `pending` = 0

Replace #__ with your database table prefix and '[user_id]' with your actual user id then try it in phpmyadmin to see if it gives you the results you expect. Example as follows.

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `jos_comprofiler_members` WHERE `memberid` = 42 AND `accepted` = 1  AND `pending` = 0

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, Mx150

7 years 2 months ago #291819 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Show Number of Connections who added me
Thanks Kyle for always going above and beyond to help out.

@Mx150 - Please understand that Community Builder is free to you and to millions but someone is responsible for this.

All our paid members help make this possible showing their appreciation for what Community Builder is and getting some great add-ons in return.

Kyle is corect in not promising development efforts to attract a single sale - it would not be fair to mislead you.

That said - Kyle's proposal seems fine as a starter and you can hire someone that can further finetune this if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon, Mx150

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn