[SOLVED] SMTP connect() failed.

7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 1 week ago #292995 by WiWo
[SOLVED] SMTP connect() failed. was created by WiWo
Using Joomla 3.6.5 and CB 2.1.2

When a user asks for a password reset, he get's a message "SMTP connect() failed." and no email is send.

This worked fine before and I have no clue why it doesn't anymore.

Sending a "test" email from Global Confoguration > Server still works and when I change SMTP into PHP Mail, password reset is OK too.

What is wrong?

Willy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 week ago #293029 by WiWo
Replied by WiWo on topic SMTP connect() failed.
Problem is solved. This was due to a DNS problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 11 months ago #294142 by SylvainV
Replied by SylvainV on topic SMTP connect() failed.
Hi, I have the same issue.

Where can I find the information used by SMTP connect() function, since in my joomla installation, hostname for SMTP server is localhost

Thanks
Sylvain

6 years 11 months ago #294152 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic SMTP connect() failed.
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then check server error log or mailer error log after a failed attempt if the displayed error isn't clear enough. If unsure contact your host to see if they can help you. They should be able to just give you the values you need to set in Joomla.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #294168 by SylvainV
Replied by SylvainV on topic SMTP connect() failed.
Ok I will try this, thanks, but what I don't undertand is why sending a "test" email from Global Configuration or through contact form is working and why CB fail to send mail (it was working woth previous version of CB but I but known exactly when its started to fail).

Is it something change on send mail function in CB?

Edit : I found the problem, my SMTP configuration did not use the SSL / TLS configuration, this seems to be mandatory in 2.1.2

Warning: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`<my host name>' did not match expected CN=`localhost' in /home/admin/badminton/joomla/libraries/CBLib/CBPHPMailer/CBSMTP.php on line 373

Hope it could help someone. Thanks for the tips
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 11 months ago #294202 by nant
Replied by nant on topic SMTP connect() failed.

SylvainV wrote: Ok I will try this, thanks, but what I don't undertand is why sending a "test" email from Global Configuration or through contact form is working and why CB fail to send mail (it was working woth previous version of CB but I but known exactly when its started to fail).

Glad you sloved your issue.

The fact is that Joomla does a fall-back and thus you think that SMTP is work when in fact it is not.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn