Spec for Website
Joomla 3.6.5
Php 5.6.3
Cb 2.1.2+

Problem I have is my userlist has multichecbox fields x 3
C.Box1 = type of cars user likes
C.Box2 = type of motorcycles user likes
C.Box3 = type of trucks user likes.

The user can select as many types of cars, motorcycles and trucks they like.
My userlist is set up so moderators can see users and promote information according to what make of vehicle they like.

If a moderator wants to see information of only the people who like Honda motorcycles then they can select that checkbox in the userlist search.

The problem arises when the moderator wants to see which users like two or more different motorcycles, cars or trucks

For example if the moderator tries to choose users who like Honda Motorcycles and Kawasaki Motorcycles
then the result only shows users who like both Honda Motorcycle and Kawasaki Motorcycles.

It does not return the users who like only Honda or Only Kawasaki Motorcycle.

The same occurs if the moderator chooses from one checkbox a motorcycle make and another box a car make
for example if the moderator wants to see all users who like Honda bikes and all users who like Honda Cars.

The return result is only users who like both
and leaves out users who only like one or the other.

Can you tell me how to change this?
is it a bug or is it just the way things are and it cannot be changed?

My filters for this userlist are advanced
as follows
cb_carso LIKE '%Fiat%' OR
cb_carso LIKE '%Volkswagen%' OR
cb_carso LIKE '%Honda%' OR .........e.t.c

Many thanks

Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #293259 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic userlist searching
You need to set your userlists searching to Simple Any instead of Simple Is or set it to Advanced. Simple Is does exact matches. Simply Any will do partial matches and allow for what you're wanting. Advanced lets you select either/or search behavior. See the CB Primer Book and our videos below for userlist usage information.

www.youtube.com/user/Joomlapolis/playlists

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 10 months ago #293439 by mccormackdave
Replied by mccormackdave on topic userlist searching
HI Kyle

Thanks for the reply.
I have read the manual and have been using Community Builder for several years. I only came across this issue on a new version of the website since i am in the process of developing a new version of my website.

Attached picture you can see the setting i have already in place.
I have changed the settings and saved and then i set them back to "Simple Any".
I have cleared the cache from the website and this does not seem to resolve the problem.

Is there something else i can try?

Ma ny thanks
Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #293489 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic userlist searching
Well you said you've an Advanced filter on the list as well? That maybe why it's not working. Try removing your filter then see if the search works.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn