Can't find profiles with searchbot

7 years 6 days ago #293273 by Baujahr70
Can't find profiles with searchbot was created by Baujahr70
Hello experts,

I have a problem with my CB, installed on my site (www.tgschwalbach.de).

Guests are not able to find userprofiles with the searchbot.
I configured everything right to public and other, logged in users can find profiles.
So the plugin works, but not for public.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

regards,
Berndi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 6 days ago #293285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't find profiles with searchbot
Profiles probably aren't accessible by the public or the fields you're trying to search aren't. Create a userlist and see if they can access profiles from it as the search bot uses the same checks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 days ago #293286 by Berndi
Replied by Berndi on topic Can't find profiles with searchbot
I have allready made userlists and they work in public.
After click on one ore more of the profiles in the list, they will be shown correctly.

...but when I search for people in these lists the searchbot dosen't find anything.

Please try the userlist: tgschwalbach.de/index.php/vorstand
...and the searchbot: tgschwalbach.de/index.php/suchergebnisse?searchword=kreyling&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20&areas[0]=cb

thanks for answering...
Berndi

7 years 6 days ago #293294 by krileon
My guess is you don't have the criteria correctly configured. Edit "Search - Community Builder" within Extensions > Plugins then under the "Search" tab adjust the "Fields" parameter as necessary. You can see this working fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/addons/cb-search-bot?searchword=Susan&searchphrase=all&limit=20

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #293295 by Berndi
Replied by Berndi on topic Can't find profiles with searchbot
Hmm...

I configured three searchfields an they are all searchable

realname, username and one userdefined field

7 years 6 days ago #293306 by krileon
Not sure what to tell you. Works fine in my tests locally and on our demo site. Compare your configuration to demo site to see if there could be a configuration problem. Maybe wrong fields selected? Try selecting all fields and see if it finds a match then.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn